Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To feel sad for DH

(8 Posts)
StevieWonderWoman Wed 24-Dec-14 11:10:54

DH has a temporary Christmas job and he has loved every minute of it. He gave up a good job in the City to move in with me 16 months ago. It was his first job up here after endless months of interviews/searches. There was opportunity for the job to become permanent after the new year and DH was told that he would be the first person to be taken on.
They just rang up, on Christmas Eve, to let him know that his last working day would be New Year's Eve. I am devastated for him :/
Aibu to feel sad? He's given up everything and nothing seems to work out financially/job wise. I feel so ungrateful because there are people who suffer so much more than us but I feel like it is a huge kick in the teeth.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Wed 24-Dec-14 11:13:07

Oh, that's rotten. I'm very sorry. Of course you're not being unreasonable, I'd be sad too. Do you have enough to tide you both over for a bit until he gets a new job? thanks

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Wed 24-Dec-14 11:17:55

Pass him a manhug from me, poor chap.

StevieWonderWoman Wed 24-Dec-14 11:20:36

I have enough to cover bills and food etc. but I don't see a way forward at the moment. There is never any luck for him. All of my friends can afford holidays and meals out and we can't because we don't have the double income. I'm sorry I sound so bloody selfish but I will have to put on a front with relatives so it doesn't spoil tomorrow.

LokiBear Wed 24-Dec-14 11:20:54

If he has made a good impression he might find he gets a call asking him back in the new year. You must both be disappointed though, flowerswinecake

Spinaroo Wed 24-Dec-14 11:21:47

It's horrible- especially today and when he thought he had a chance it would be permanent. However, the fact he has very recently been succesful at interview abd in employment - and can get a great reference, no doubt, should give him a real boost to finding his next one. Hoping the new year brings great things for you both.

AlpacaMyBags Wed 24-Dec-14 11:25:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StevieWonderWoman Wed 24-Dec-14 11:35:40

Thank you for the positivity everyone, hope you all have a wonderful Christmas x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now