Talk

Advanced search

Quality Street tin

(95 Posts)
Lagoonablue Tue 23-Dec-14 15:59:22

We have a tin of Quality Street unopened which we are taking to SIL's. WIBU to prise off the Sellotape around the tin, steal a couple of strawberry cremes, then replace lid and tape?

Is it unreasonable? If so I am! Have just done it! I have no guilt. The sweets were delicious!

Weelass83 Tue 23-Dec-14 16:01:16

Take out all the strawberry cremes, then if anyone says anything, fake a shocked look shock and say how ridiculous it is that they forgot to put any in at all......

AuntieStella Tue 23-Dec-14 16:01:17

That's very, very naughty.

And perhaps I shouldn't have opened this thread, as I'm trying to hold off opening our tin for another 24 (if not 48) hours.

londonrach Tue 23-Dec-14 16:01:57

No yabu by the fact you didnt share those strawberry creams. You know the rule in mn terms and conditions.....rule 2154 all strawberry creams share be shared with mn member londonrach fgrin.

Lagoonablue Tue 23-Dec-14 16:03:53

I am suprised I didn't do this before. They have sat in the kitchen cupboard for 3 weeks! I daren't do it agin though. DH is in and would be appalled! Ha ha!

LongDistanceLove Tue 23-Dec-14 16:04:31

The tins ain't what they used to be, sigh.

OnTheThursdayOfChristmas Tue 23-Dec-14 16:04:56

Ha, this is exactly what my sis and I did many moons ago!
Wetook them out, seller aped it back up and thoroughly enjoyed our mothers consternation when she opened them - the strawberry ones are her favourite grin

Neither DP nor I like them so this year I've taken them out and wrapped them up as part of her xmas present fsmile

Theorientcalf Tue 23-Dec-14 16:05:31

I'd be quite glad if you did remove the strawberry creams, or anything orange.

ShadowKat Tue 23-Dec-14 16:06:02

Did you know that you can now buy little bags of chocolates filled with the Quality Street strawberry cremes?

If your conscience starts troubling you or you want more delicious strawberry cremes you could always go and buy a bag or two of those.

WiseKneeHair Tue 23-Dec-14 16:06:05

YANBU as the strawberry creams are rank.
Now, if uou had taken the toffees out YWBVVVU.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 23-Dec-14 16:08:11

ShadowKat

Did you know that you can now buy little bags of chocolates filled with the Quality Street strawberry cremes?

If your conscience starts troubling you or you want more delicious strawberry cremes you could always go and buy a bag or two of those.

What the what? Actual full bags of Strawberry Cremes, where are these things of wonder to be found?

OP - YADWNBU <gavel>

londonrach Tue 23-Dec-14 16:08:53

I know shadow i know! (Hides something behind the cushion). Agree i dont think they taste as nice as they used to.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 23-Dec-14 16:09:03

Well, unless you're my SIL and then <death stare>

londonrach Tue 23-Dec-14 16:10:41

Mnhq recbecca get yourself down to superdrug, tesco, poundland where a bag of strawberry creams (some from roses) is available for you. No nasty toffees!

GemmaTeller Tue 23-Dec-14 16:11:49

Actual full bags of Strawberry Cremes?

Poundland have them fgrin

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 23-Dec-14 16:14:12

but do they only have 5 in the bag or are we talking BIG FAT bag?

Is it worth a trip out, is what i'm saying fwink

ShadowKat Tue 23-Dec-14 16:15:24

They sell the strawberry creme bags in our local Co-op and the little Londis corner shop near us.

Haven't looked in the supermarkets yet.

londonrach Tue 23-Dec-14 16:16:23

For a £1 you get a certain weight of strawberry creams unpolluted by those toffees. I think i got around 12-15 but cant remember...worth a trip Rebecca mnhq x

DidoTheDodo Tue 23-Dec-14 16:19:30

We need some kind of MN Quality Street swap thread.

FollowTheStarship Tue 23-Dec-14 16:20:02

Why has no one mentioned the green triangles? Strawberry cremes pah.

Storytown Tue 23-Dec-14 16:21:05

The bit I don't understand is how it's possible to have the lid off the tin and only eat 2.

I'd have to find a shop before the scheduled trip to SILs or present her with an empty tin blush

Perissa Tue 23-Dec-14 16:21:18

Saw the bags of just strawberry cremes in superdrug too fgrin

FollowTheStarship Tue 23-Dec-14 16:21:21

We got our tin on Sun and opened it yesterday. 4yo DD has already developed a taste for the green triangles. On the one hand, nice that she has inherited my good taste. OTOH - they were miiiiiiiiine!

FollowTheStarship Tue 23-Dec-14 16:22:10

Except of course it's not a tin, but a new-fangled plastic tub. <gimmer>

Lagoonablue Tue 23-Dec-14 16:22:54

What?. I haven't seen the special strawberry only packets. I will need to go and find some. I also like the Orange creams. No one else does so I get them all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now