Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to turn in to my EX mil?

(10 Posts)
operaha Tue 23-Dec-14 12:22:16

She was a bloody horrible woman but one of her many weird "ways" has stuck with me and I DO IT NOW!!!
I am off work for Christmas. I will not wear my watch. She used to say "I have so many places to be and so much to do all week, I wont wear it at the weekend".
I do the same. I love my watch. It is beautiful, dp (not her son!) gave it to me, it is exactly what I would have picked for myself and he presented it in the most romantic way you possibly could - I have no reason not to wear it - but at the weekend and holidays I do not.
Wtf is that about? Do I need therapy?

youareallbonkers Tue 23-Dec-14 12:56:25

Can't you just leave it on? Don't you need to know the time even when you are not at work?

TheFirstSolo Tue 23-Dec-14 12:58:34

I stopped wearing my watch the minute I started mat leave of 12 months followed by a career break of 5+ years. I didn't put the watch back on until I returned to work. I then took redundancy, so off it came again and I haven't worn one since.

So, YANBU! at all.

TheFirstSolo Tue 23-Dec-14 12:59:18

And you could just say you are copying Solo, not exmil smile

CakeAndWineAreAFoodGroup Tue 23-Dec-14 13:00:30

I rarely wear my watch. I wore it every day when I went out to work but now I've my own business it stays in my drawer mostly.

FryOneFatManic Tue 23-Dec-14 13:02:43

I wear my watch at work or when out of the house, but once home I take it off. I have enough clocks to keep an eye on the time, I don't need the watch as well.

misskangaandroo2014 Tue 23-Dec-14 13:05:49

I think it's OK to take on good ideas no matter where from. It just shows that you're reasonable and not discounting the whole person just her nasty behaviour.
Or you could say your taking the advice of my uni lecturer who advocated freeing yourself of time one day a week (that was 1994).

YouCanDoItNow Tue 23-Dec-14 13:10:59

ha ha! I think I get it. I am up every week day at 6.50 but at the weekend I struggle to get my dc to an activity that starts at 11.00 and it's because I wake up with no idea what time it is, not caring, having another cup of tea and another cup of tea and then,,,,,,,,,,,, omg! it's twenty to eleven. I love it really.

operaha Tue 23-Dec-14 15:47:19

Thanks! I wear it because I'm a teacher and while yes I have a computer, I don't "teach from the front" much, I move around a lot and there's not necessarily a working clock in each room and it's pretty bad form to look at my phone.
I just don't feel the need when I'm not at work so I don't.
Still think she's the weirdo though grin

FunkyBoldRibena Tue 23-Dec-14 15:57:43

I don't either. On hols I love the fact that I have no idea what time it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now