Talk

Advanced search

To have a wee drinky-poo's over the festive period?

(26 Posts)
Mammanat222 Tue 23-Dec-14 11:05:42

Even though I am 8 months pregnant?

DandyHighwayman Tue 23-Dec-14 11:06:29

Up to you.

NaiceNickname Tue 23-Dec-14 11:06:46

YABU.

To call it drinky-poos. <boak>

SirChenjin Tue 23-Dec-14 11:11:11

S'up to you - if you want a drink then have a drink.

londonrach Tue 23-Dec-14 11:11:12

In france they do. In moderation and if you feel like it why not! My dsis had about two half glasses of beer when pregnant as she felt she needed it. Think it was the yeast or iron.

youareallbonkers Tue 23-Dec-14 11:11:21

YABU ... to incorrectly use apostrophes grin

Neverbuyheliumbalonz Tue 23-Dec-14 11:18:51

Oh god I thought this was going to be a thread taking the piss out of the term 'drinky poo' and am horrified to see that is not. The misuse of the apostrophe is also burning my retinas.

Having said all that, YANBU!

HighwayDragon Tue 23-Dec-14 11:19:35

I would have thought drinking poo would be against the current nhs guidelines, you ought to check though.

bloodyteenagers Tue 23-Dec-14 11:22:38

. I don't think you are 8 months but 8 years. As a minor you will really have to ask your parents.surely no adult uses suck phrases?

HolyTerror Tue 23-Dec-14 11:23:05

Neverbuy, snap!

OP, enough with the drinky-poos and 'festive period' - do you say 'hubby', too? And live in a house called Dunroamin or Bideawee?

Have a drink if you like - you are the boss of you. I had a glass of very good champagne on Christmas Eve when I was seven months pregnant, and it was wonderful...

ilovesooty Tue 23-Dec-14 11:23:55

drinky - poos?

Where's the sick emotion?

Oppugno Tue 23-Dec-14 11:26:26

Drinky-Poo envy- vomits.

YABU IMO I wouldn't; but at the end of the day your not going to listen to strangers on the internet when making a decision like this.

simbacatlivesagain Tue 23-Dec-14 11:27:09

I was specifically told by the consultant that it was fine to drink in moderation (so glass of Christmas fizz not the bottle) when about to give birth at Christmas. What she said was that if you were not drunk then the baby wouldnt be.

NewEraNewMindset Tue 23-Dec-14 11:30:56

I think one small glass of wine for example isn't going to harm baby. The problem is will you stop at one glass or are you the kind of person where one drink leads to lots more?

I have just found out I'm pregnant and plan on having an extremely weak Buck's Fizz on Xmas day but nothing more. In my pregnancy with my son I had the odd Baileys with ice and a couple of glasses of champagne throughout 9 months. I don't feel like I potentially damaged him by doing so and actually at the time I think the guidelines where more lenient than they are now.

Marmiteandjamislush Tue 23-Dec-14 11:31:02

I wouldn't, but that's because alcohol makes me want to heave even when I'm not pg. I stopped moderating caffeine at that point though, will do this time too, if I fancy coffee at that point that is.

WhirlyTwirlySnowflakes Tue 23-Dec-14 11:32:48

I love MN I really do, but how can a bunch if strangers on the internet possibly answer that question know nothing about you, your pregnancy or your medical history.

If you really want to know go ask your GP or midwife.

If you are just looking for some online validation of a choice you have already made I apologise for taking the question seriously.

As you were.

MyAcheybreakyBones Tue 23-Dec-14 11:43:31

In scots speak you have said a wee drink eh(of) poo.grin
Yabu for that but not for having a drink if you like wont do any harm imo at tour stage of pregnancy.

DrDre Tue 23-Dec-14 11:45:41

As I understand it, it is more dangerous to drink at the beginning of the pregnancy than towards the end (I could be wrong) as that is when the baby's organs are developed. I am sure a small drink (e.g. a small glass of wine) would do no harm.

bilbodog Tue 23-Dec-14 11:56:11

go ahead and have a wonderful Christmas and New Year - just be sensible.

bozo14 Tue 23-Dec-14 11:57:37

I was tempted when I was pregnant but just thought what is the point really.
No benefit really. On the other hand my friend did so everyone is diffferent its up to you .

Mammanat222 Tue 23-Dec-14 12:06:19

It was meant to be a light hearted thread (I guess you have to caveat thread titles "light hearted" on MN??)

The use of Drinky-poos [very wanky term] was also intentional.

May have a glass of something fizzy with my Christmas dinner, and I have a mini bottle Prosecco to toast in the New Year if I make it to Midnight

Cornettoninja Tue 23-Dec-14 12:09:42

Ignore 'em and enjoy your very moderated drinkypoos - it matters not what you refer to it as as long as you make sure your tipples are decent quality fsmile

MissBattleaxe Tue 23-Dec-14 12:10:31

My midwife said one or two units once or twice a week were fine. That was only a few years ago and it culminated in me having the odd half a Guinness or spritzer now and then.

GlitzAndGigglesx Tue 23-Dec-14 12:22:05

I had a small glass of baileys with ice on xmas day when I was 6 months gone. One small drink will be fine. Please however do not use the term "drinky-poo" again

maddy68 Tue 23-Dec-14 13:20:24

Alcohol I believe only has a negative effect much earlier on.
Have a drink and enjoy it x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now