Talk

Advanced search

Yet another MiL AIBU (lighthearted)

(12 Posts)
dawntigga Tue 23-Dec-14 11:03:25

AIBU because of the treatment my MiL is giving me.

She keeps telling DH that the child I am nearly ready to pop cannot possibly be his and that I'm lying to him.

I have it on the highest authority that the child will be an indigo child so I don't know why she keeps harping on about it!

Yes, I know technically we weren't married when I got pregnant, but that isn't exactly my fault is it! Do not talk about cultural differences because I had no choice about it really!

I've had to travel 70 bloody miles, on a donkey no less, to take part in a census and all I've had off the MiL is doubt about the parentage of my child. Or, how we won't be there to celebrate Winter Solstice with her. Mind you the rank food she served last year it's a relief to get away tbh.

Bloody census, I don't know why I have to be here anyway!

It's my fault - according to MiL - that 'd'h failed to book ahead and now I have absolutely no idea if we'll even get a room when we get there. It's not like I didn't remind him every day for 2 weeks. I'm starting to sound like her!

'D'h never sticks up for me, I'm sure he doesn't believe the child is really his either.

It looks like we're being stalked by 3 men and some shepherd's and a flock of sheep!

MiL keeps acting like she's descended from royalty but I am. I rarely ever mention it!

She's bragged to everyone that her grandson - no possibility of it being a daughter I've been told! - is born to be a king ffs!

I wish I had never said I'd go with him and had gone to my parents instead!

VeryFedUpOfBeingOnThisDonkeyMaryxx

SANTABankWadgerHAT Tue 23-Dec-14 11:06:52

Just you wait til you're a MIL. No doubt you'll think your DIL is the biggest hussy going.

GoodboyBindleFeatherstone Tue 23-Dec-14 11:08:01

I know I'm missing the point, and I'm sure your MIL is a pain in the arse, but my sympathies lie with the donkey.

Sorry.

HolyTerror Tue 23-Dec-14 11:08:12

Remember that shiny gold guy with wings that showed up unexpectedly in your bedroom nine months ago? Admit it, he had more than just 'good news' for you. Also, sorry, not only is the accommodation a bit basic, but you have to head off again to Egypt almost immediately. Yes, on the donkey.

ToAvoidConversation Tue 23-Dec-14 11:09:14

I hear moving abroad will put the Mil in her place, no interfering with your PFB.... I hear Egypt is nice!

dawntigga Tue 23-Dec-14 11:13:06

NONE of you understand my pain!

EgyptWillLookIntoThatMaryxx

maleenteringfemalefacilities Tue 23-Dec-14 11:19:24

Keep an eye out for spiders, they will do you a favour in the near future (taps nose, winks)

Don't squash the buggers (like I tried to do with the MONSTER in the bathroom this morning, shudder)

HamPortCourt Tue 23-Dec-14 11:27:52

You don't have a MIL problem you have a DH problem.

He is a useless wankbadger for not booking ahead - I guess he thinks it's all Wifework? If you don't have Sat Nav you will have to use the stars to guide you - look for a Big 'Un.

aprilanne Tue 23-Dec-14 11:28:03

but listen its not all that bad .you will get gold /some nice perfume and some tree bark sap .just what a girl always wanted

Suefla62 Tue 23-Dec-14 13:39:39

Oh God, how many times are we going to do this? It's been started multiple times already. Find one of those threads and carry on.

Summerisle1 Tue 23-Dec-14 14:29:32

I think if I open one of these again I might well phone King Herod and give him the map references.

It is wearing kind of thin. Sorry.

dawntigga Tue 23-Dec-14 16:02:06

The ticket to the far side of Phuket is over there -->

You'reWelcomeTiggaxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now