Talk

Advanced search

to jettison 2 Christmas presents - Santa discovery question.

(10 Posts)
newrecruit Mon 22-Dec-14 23:22:23

I'm worried DSs have found two of their presents is stuffed in a wardrobe but not sure.

I know for certain they have found 2 presents as DH had hidden them badly. I have wrapped them in different wrapping and they will be presents from us.

However , there's a chanc they found two more. DH caught them in the spare bedroom after bedtime. Presents were in wardrobe in (open) Amazon boxes.

DH has no idea whether they were looking in the wardrobe at all but they were looking sheepish. DS1 is nearly 9 and deeply suspicious. Suspect he's a lost cause.

However DS2 is only 5 so I really want to keep it going as long as possible.

Do I risk it & hope they didn't see them.

Not give them (both on Christmas list)

Wrap them in our wrapping and say they are from us.

Possibly I'm over thinking. grin

christmaspies Mon 22-Dec-14 23:26:54

Say they're from you. They won't care

Frogme Mon 22-Dec-14 23:29:37

from you, I think

newrecruit Mon 22-Dec-14 23:34:16

I think you're right.

DH is pissing me off with his 'who cares if they believe in Father Christmas or not' approach.

I knew you'd understand.

One is a jigsaw which I could save for DS2's birthday as it's next month.

Ladydriver110 Tue 23-Dec-14 14:43:12

If my DS ever accidentally or unavoidably saw a present intended for him, I always said it was going to be wrapped up and sent to Father Christmas (then I hid it). This explanation also worked if he saw me buying/wrapping gifts for other people too.

DS is now 11 and still believes in FC - this is probably the last year I will be able to say that!

newrecruit Tue 23-Dec-14 14:50:36

Argh, I've always told them that we have nothing to do with it though!

It's too complicated.

Snowflakepie Tue 23-Dec-14 14:55:51

This is exactly why I don't do the whole Santa thing, too damn complex over nothing.

Give them the gifts and if they question it, say the naughty elves much have run out of paper and borrowed some from you.

Honestly at 9 and 5, they know. Don't fret over it, they'll be so glad for the gifts that the rest is immaterial.

londonrach Tue 23-Dec-14 15:00:51

From you not santa. Im old (30s) and i still believe!

WeirdCatLady Tue 23-Dec-14 15:00:52

I wouldn't risk it. Just say those are from you, not santa.

ILovePud Tue 23-Dec-14 15:40:33

This has happened to us this year, in previous years 'we' haven't bought the kids anything but because of a suspected discovery we are giving them the possibly spotted items from us and wrapping them in different paper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now