Talk

Advanced search

To think there must be a way for me to get a free boiler fitted as I'm on a low income

(6 Posts)
PaddingtonIsMyBear Mon 22-Dec-14 19:03:17

Own my own house and just about coping financially - just me and DD who is 9. Low income.

But now my boiler is broke and not mendable. AIBU to ask if theres some way I can get a free/cheap boiler from somewhere ?

RoastingYourChestnutsHurtsAlot Mon 22-Dec-14 19:05:38

Warm home scheme

apotatoprintinapeartree Mon 22-Dec-14 19:06:18

yes, BG and other companies do it free in replace of your old boiler, have you tried their websites.
They used to advertise but haven't seen them for a while.
We get phone calls from them all the time.
I think you may have to pay something but it really isn't much.
We are low income too, so obviously they know who they need to call.

CantBeBotheredThinking Mon 22-Dec-14 19:11:04

www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_energy_supply_e/consumer_saving_money_on_energy_bills_e/grants_and_schemes_to_help_you_save_money_on_energy_bills.htm

It's the affordable warmth scheme which helps with replacement boilers.

LittleprincessinGOLDrocks Mon 22-Dec-14 19:14:18

If you look on the money saving expert website there is a guide on there, it says who can get a free boiler and where from. Sorry can't do links on Kindle.

effinandjeffin Mon 22-Dec-14 19:33:05

How old is your boiler? They usually have to be over ten years old. We had one replaced through our council when they doing them for all and sundry and we paid £400 towards it. I realise yours is broken but tbh, if they were offering to replace ours again I wouldn't do it. We had no end of trouble with the replacement although our heating bills did go down. Slightly because gas prices went up. Somehow it always seems to even itself out hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now