Talk

Advanced search

to not particularly mind cunt, but really loathe and despise bitch?

(23 Posts)
Mintyy Mon 22-Dec-14 18:09:37

Very little infuriates me more than seeing women refer to other women as bitches!

Prob. just me.

WorraLiberty Mon 22-Dec-14 18:11:57

I like it. I think it's a very descriptive word to use, so it's either that or 'catty' for me.

I constantly tell my boys to stop bitching at each other so it's not just a female thing for me.

WooWooOwl Mon 22-Dec-14 18:18:15

YANBU, we are all different, but if think the word cunt sounds horrible and comes across as more offensive than bitch.

The word bitch can be wonderfully descriptive.

EatShitDerek Mon 22-Dec-14 18:19:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

msshapelybottom Mon 22-Dec-14 18:37:20

I hate the word bitch too and I love a good swear, just not one that compares women to dogs. It's such a harsh sound too.

PolterGoose Mon 22-Dec-14 19:24:04

Andrewofgg Mon 22-Dec-14 19:58:35

True story about cunt being used about a man, or rather two men.

A certain judge, now deceased, sitting in the Crown Court, gave a defendant seven years. As the man turned toward the door at the back of the dock he called out YOU’RE A STUPID FUCKING CUNT!

The judge said Bring him back! and everyone thought he was going to give him six months more for contempt, was that necessary, couldn’t he just pretend not to have noticed? But what the judge said was this.

Sit down, Mr X. And listen to me carefully. You and I will shortly be leaving this building. I will be going in my comfortable car to my comfortable home where I will spend the evening with my family, have what I want to eat, and do what I choose. You will be leaving in a filthy van for an even filthier prison where you will spend the next three and a half years banged up with two other incompetent criminals who got caught. On the way you may care to ask yourself which of us is a stupid fucking cunt.

Now take him down.

EatShitDerek Mon 22-Dec-14 20:09:34

meglet Mon 22-Dec-14 20:11:03

Yanbu. I often (silently) call people, or inaminate objects, cunts. Don't think I use the word bitch very often.

WeeFreeKings Mon 22-Dec-14 20:15:42

I hate the term bint more than I hate c or b.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Mon 22-Dec-14 20:19:35

It doesn't bother me, the only insult that irks me is 'slag',I can't give a good reason why.

victoryinthekitchen Mon 22-Dec-14 22:06:58

I don't like women being called 'cows' for no particular reason I can think of.

Bettercallsaul1 Mon 22-Dec-14 22:25:18

They are both unpleasant descriptions obviously but I think the c-word (can't bring myself to type it!) is really horrible because it is using the female genitalia as the supreme insult. I see that as a sad continuation of the puritan tradition of viewing sex as bad, sinful and shameful and women as the "Devil's gateway". I know thar "prick" is also used as an insult but it doesn't have the same seriousness and venom. In this day and age, we regard sexuality much more positively and women are finally enjoying their sexuality and our vocabulary should reflect that!

Mintyy Mon 22-Dec-14 22:36:46

No, as some others have said on this thread, cunt is simply not as offensive to me.

Can't think of many instances when a man might be called a bitch.

OmnipotentQueenOfTheUniverse Mon 22-Dec-14 22:39:28

Yanbu

DoubleValiumLattePlease Mon 22-Dec-14 22:42:34

Am I alone in being hugely unoffended by any swear word? They all have their uses!

EatShitDerek Mon 22-Dec-14 22:45:16

Bettercallsaul1 Mon 22-Dec-14 22:45:33

That is a good story, Andrewofgg!

DoubleValiumLattePlease Mon 22-Dec-14 23:09:07

Exactly Derek. I reckon the day I'll be most upset is when I'm in a situation for which a swear word has not yet been invented!

EatShitDerek Mon 22-Dec-14 23:11:26

merlincat Mon 22-Dec-14 23:11:56

Bettercallsaul1 Tue 23-Dec-14 00:05:30

Yes, somehow I don't mind when Jesse says it! But he seems to use "bitch" in a very general, non-personal (and often joyful!) way!

popcornpaws Tue 23-Dec-14 00:27:27

YANBU, I also hate the word bitch, i never use it.
But cunt? well thats a term of endearment in these parts, as in "awrite ya cunt, hows it gawn?"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now