Talk

Advanced search

to think Beer52 are cheeky!?

(3 Posts)
Mummyinamask Mon 22-Dec-14 14:42:59

I bought two three month beer52 vouchers for DH and DF last Christmas.

They sent wrong voucher and it took a while to sort that but I put it down to Christmas rush.

Then discovered despite paying upfront for the subscriptions I could only activate them by signing up to a rolling contract, which it was then up to me to cancel.

I DID let it run for a while as the beer was nice but delivery was unreliable and when an entire box turned up smashed to smithereens I decided to cancel.

Only you can't cancel in writing - you MUST ring them and speak to them between 10am and 4pm Monday to Friday.

So I did that and talked them through the two delivery addresses and asked for a final statement of account and confirmation of cancellation.

All I got was some cheesy 'sorry your leaving us' email. No account or final payment detail.

Three weeks later they took more money.

I queried this and asked for a refund. I provided proof of the payment as their system hadn't registered it.

Finally, after days of emails, another call to the cancellation line and a load of texts they worked out their system didn't recognise that I my account delivered to two addresses (ie DF and DH) so the DF delivery had not been cancelled.

They were reluctant to refund the money and I had to spell out that I HAD cancelled and the error was at their end, not mine.

THEN the cheeky monkeys texted me
'. . . in future we would recommend keeping a closer eye on subscriptiond that are set up using your bank account. Thanks'

AIBU to be fshock at their brass neck?! The cheek! I did spot it! After they ballsed it up! fangry

Suefla62 Mon 22-Dec-14 14:52:56

Text them back and tell them you were keeping an eye on your bank account, and that's why you knew they had screwed up.

Mummyinamask Mon 22-Dec-14 15:04:17

I think I've made my feeling clear. fgrin. It really shouldn't be this complicated.
DH has gone with another company for DFiL for this christmas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now