Talk

Advanced search

To be going crazy with worry about my son's eyen

(8 Posts)
Ohnonotagain2 Mon 22-Dec-14 06:35:59

NCd - this could out me because the condition is fairly rare.
My three year old had 'Orbital Cellulitis' this year which was a very scary time for us. He's woken up today with a red, gunky eye confused
We will be off to the GP this morning but can't help be worried out of our minds that this is all going to happen again. Especially over Xmas sad
It's very rare but dangerous and they said he'd be prone to it. Obviously I know IANBU but hey ho.

teacher54321 Mon 22-Dec-14 06:56:21

My dh had that in January this year and was very very ill. I've panicked every time he's sneezed since then! His was triggered by sinusitis not an eye infection though. I am sure that the drs will act quickly given his history and get him on the antibiotics that he needs.

Ohnonotagain2 Mon 22-Dec-14 07:04:09

Thanks teacher54321 - DS was very Poorly too. He was in hospital on an IV for four days and we just got him in there in the nick of time x

teacher54321 Mon 22-Dec-14 07:08:56

The pain dh was in was dreadful, I can't imagine how awful it must have been with a little one, you poor things. Chances are that it's something minor this time, just normal toddler gunkiness, but the Dr should be able to reassure you smile I do hope he's ok x

Ohnonotagain2 Mon 22-Dec-14 07:22:25

It's quite red and puffy - he's autistic with a speech and language disorder too which just adds an extra level of worry sad

littlesupersparks Mon 22-Dec-14 07:25:15

Just try to focus on how good it is that you have caught it ASAP - still so scary though. I hope he's ok.

teacher54321 Mon 22-Dec-14 07:28:48

Poor little thing, must be very scary for him as well. Good luck, hope that he's ok. Update us later with what the Dr says x

Sirzy Mon 22-Dec-14 07:30:04

Hope he is ok and it's been caught nice and early if that is what it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now