Advanced search

To wonder what exactly a poo troll is?

(12 Posts)
TerraNovice Sun 21-Dec-14 23:05:51

It's a term I've only come across on MN but what on earth is it??

iklboo Sun 21-Dec-14 23:10:09

Someone who gets off on starting outrageous threads about poo, I think.

SeaUnicorns Sun 21-Dec-14 23:11:40

It's an Internet troll who talks about poo normally fairly unbelievable stories!

WhereIsMySantaHat Sun 21-Dec-14 23:11:42

A troll who lives in the sewers rather than under a bridge.

Discopanda Sun 21-Dec-14 23:13:18

I don't talk about poo online because I talk about it enough with RL people!

DoubleValiumLattePlease Sun 21-Dec-14 23:17:14

Once, long long ago, there was a rash of threads about poo issues. At first they were kind of believable but as the thread went on it got more and more outrageous until people rightly called troll. Next day another would pop up. Again it would be kind of believable ..........and so on. I can remember how it was christened 'The Poo Troll' and I don't think it's always been the same person but it might have been. Might still be. Who knows!

DoubleValiumLattePlease Sun 21-Dec-14 23:18:33

I mean, of course, that I can't remember. Ffs. Maybe I need a poo. grin

cinnamongirl1976 Mon 22-Dec-14 00:05:39

Me, apparently. I was astonished to get banned from Mumsnet (under a different username) for posting a thread that wasn't actually about poo at all, but mentioned it. I've no wish to resurrect or debate that thread but was quite gobsmacked that a few people decided (wrongly) that I was a troll, reported the thread and then I got banned by the Mumsnet 'powers that be', without even being asked for my side of things (bizarre, as I had no idea I was starting a 'thing' at all).

I said to myself I'd not post on this part of Mumsnet again as I find it a bit of a hornets' nest, but when I saw this thread I felt I had to. If only to say that some of you on here should be a little less quick to jump to conclusions about people.

What's even more odd is that there is a massive thread about poo in Mumsnet classics!

Bulbasaur Mon 22-Dec-14 00:37:58

They're trolls that start off saying they shit their pants or something similar and ask for stories from MNer's who've done the same. It's a fetish.

That was the last poo troll thread I read.

There were also a couple threads asking about times MNers wet themselves. hmm

FightOrFlight Sat 24-Jan-15 11:35:59

Perhaps not the most sensible idea to declare yourself as a banned poster Cinnamon!

Do the poo threads get a lot of responses from people who have shat themselves? shock

JoanHickson Sat 24-Jan-15 11:39:42

There is a wet feet one too.shock

Methe Sat 24-Jan-15 11:39:43

I wonder if other sites have resident poo trolls or if it is a phenomenon unique to Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now