Talk

Advanced search

to think Karl Oyston isn't fit to be the chairman of Blackpool FC after these vile comments about disability?

(15 Posts)
Meechimoo Sun 21-Dec-14 13:21:39

The previous chairman of Blackpool Football Club, Owen Oyston, is a convicted rapist. And now his son, Karl, is allegedly saying vile vile things about people with disabilities. Why the fuck is he still in his job and what the hell are the FA going to do about him? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackpool/11306445/Blackpool-chairman-Karl-Oyston-could-face-FA-probe-over-foul-mouthed-text-rant.html

Meechimoo Sun 21-Dec-14 13:42:23

and he's said numerous other dubious things over time.

Meechimoo Sun 21-Dec-14 14:35:57

link to Telegraph article

Sorry, just figured out how to paste the link.

WalkWithTheLonelyOnes Sun 21-Dec-14 18:42:55

That is truely awful shockangry

Garcia10 Sun 21-Dec-14 18:47:16

He isn't fit to be Chairman regardless of his comments on disability although they are shocking.

You have to questions the FA's fit and proper criteria for sanctioning Chairmen. This is a club who two days before the start of this season only had 8 players signed and didn't have a 'keeper at all.

His father, the previous incumbent, is a convicted rapist.

Horrible family and this just illustrates it further.

Meechimoo Sun 21-Dec-14 23:47:41

I hope they investigate these comments. I can't believe high profile people like this get away with this sort of behaviour.

SamCroClaus Sun 21-Dec-14 23:54:22

why oh why are people surprised??

seems people in the beautiful game and the sheep that follow it.... don't have a moral compass.

Meechimoo Mon 22-Dec-14 12:58:10

Well so far they've sacked him as a newspaper columnist, but will be interesting to see what the FA do. I'd be sacked from my job if I made these comments.

aderynlas Mon 22-Dec-14 13:02:59

I have a season ticket for a football club. My moral compass is fine SamCroClaus.

BeHoHoHove Mon 22-Dec-14 13:06:44

He sounds absolutely horrible. No doubt the FA will take action.

However I also take exception to your ignorant and unfair generalisation of football fans SamCro I think you'll find that when these types of behaviours (and actions in relation to rapist Ched Evans) come to light there are thousands of "sheep" who make their disapproval heard. Oh and yes, I am one.

Meechimoo Mon 22-Dec-14 13:14:18

Lots and lots of disgusted comments from football supporters on twitter.

Andanotherthing123 Mon 22-Dec-14 13:24:33

What a horrible, horrible man. Hope he gets the sack for Christmas and is never employed again. Yanbu.

Birdsgottafly Mon 22-Dec-14 13:28:48

Sam, fuck off with your bigoted opinion.

It was attitudes like that, that led to the lies told about the Hillsborough tradegy to be embraced and believed.

Meechimoo Mon 22-Dec-14 13:31:07

Just check twitter if you want examples of how United in disgust and non sheep like football supporters can be.

insancerre Mon 22-Dec-14 13:32:27

Most of the Blackpool fans want the oystons out and have for years been campaigning to get rid of them.
Can't come soon enough

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now