Talk

Advanced search

to ask if you'd like a meal for 2 on Christmas day in Somerset? (title edited by MNHQ)

(56 Posts)
NameChane Sun 21-Dec-14 12:36:46

I am abusing AIBU as I've searched alone with no luck. Please help me with ideas or where best on MN to post.

To keep it simple, I have a fancy Christmas Day lunch for two booked that I can no longer use and can't get refunded. It is silly for it to go to waste, so I'd like to pass it to someone who could do with it.

Currently booked for two adults but could be an adult and child over 3, in Somerset, menu choices haven't been made yet.

Being a Sunday I haven't had any luck contacting local charities. Dont seem to be any local shelters.

Can you think of the best way for me to find a taker?

I came here as I remembered the Christmas Appeal from years ago.

Thanks

LittleprincessinGOLDrocks Sun 21-Dec-14 12:40:45

You could try post pals Facebook page. They are a charity that help send post to sick children. They may have a single parent family who would love to make use of it xx

CadleCrap Sun 21-Dec-14 12:44:14

Try again on MN in chat but say what you are giving away. Ie. Christmas day Meal for two in Somerset anyone in need.

What wonderful kindness but I hope it is not at your expense.

TheHoneyBadger Sun 21-Dec-14 12:47:17

i only wish you were local - just me and ds for christmas and i'm struck ill and no delivery slots left for supermarkets and don't drive so i'd have happily taken them off your hands.

you could try on gransnet? may be someone on there without family around this year who'd be grateful for them?

CadleCrap Sun 21-Dec-14 13:21:21

Bump

TheSpottedZebra Sun 21-Dec-14 13:26:01

What about picking a vicar or priest local to the restaurant, and seeing if they know any 2 people who could use it?

LadySybilLikesSloeGin Sun 21-Dec-14 13:28:12

The Salvation Army may know of someone, you could also give Social Services a call tomorrow?

Where are you, TheHoneyBadger? Abel and Cole usually have some but most things are 'cook from scratch'.

HeraldAngelSinging Sun 21-Dec-14 13:37:38

I live one county away from you but I'm going even further away for Christmas. Just bum,ping this up again. I hope you are able to find a use for it. Salvation Army's a good idea.

NameChane Sun 21-Dec-14 13:56:42

All great ideas, thanks so much. I will have to wait till tomorrow to make some calls.

Just thought, if you are reading this and could make use of it yourself or know or a person please pm me. Youddon't need to tell me your circumstances, that's none of my business.

wheresthelight Sun 21-Dec-14 16:48:18

contact your local hospices or children's hospital as they may have people who could make use of it

TheSpottedZebra Sun 21-Dec-14 16:50:39

Ah, you sound very lovely and kind. I hope you find someone lovely to use it, without much hassle to you!

Hope too that you have nice plans for Xmas lunch.

TheSpottedZebra Sun 21-Dec-14 16:53:21

I wonder if ts worth reporting your thread also, and asking MNHQ to tweak the thread title a bit, to something like 'Good home needed -Xmas dinner at restaurant in Somerset' ?

I'd wager that people aren't clicking on this thread as they suspect it'll be a scrounger, when in fact it's quite the opposite.

LuisSuarezTeeth Sun 21-Dec-14 20:05:42

LadySybilLikesSloeGin Sun 21-Dec-14 21:06:58

<coughs>

LuisSuarezTeeth Sun 21-Dec-14 21:09:53

<offers LadySybil a Lemsip>

HoHonutty Sun 21-Dec-14 21:16:06

How kind, I hope you find a good use for them.OP.

QTPie Sun 21-Dec-14 21:18:57

I would ask a local vicar, hospice or even homeless shelter. There must be either some elderly or unfortunate people who could benefit from such a kind gesture?
Very good luck,

LadySybilLikesSloeGin Sun 21-Dec-14 21:50:15

Oh, thank you Luis grin

RedPony Sun 21-Dec-14 22:14:14

What a lovley thing to do smile I hope you find a nice home for your tickets op

TheOnlyOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 23-Dec-14 21:14:34

bumping for you OP.

letsgetreadytoramble Tue 23-Dec-14 21:17:20

What a lovely thought!

HoHonutty Tue 23-Dec-14 21:22:10

Have you found a home for these yet OP?

Kristingle Tue 23-Dec-14 21:23:42

Bump

LadyLuck10 Tue 23-Dec-14 21:24:26

Bump. How lovely of you opsmile

NameChane Tue 23-Dec-14 21:35:08

No luck with takers yet having reached out to a couple of charities locally so askes MN to change the subject for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now