Talk

Advanced search

Seasonal: To hate supermarkets labelling everything round and orange an easy peeler

(6 Posts)
catslave Sat 20-Dec-14 21:40:37

Seriously, what the holy hairy Mary are they? Are they a satsuma? A clementine? A tangerine? Should I expect pips or shouldn't I?

They all taste like water wrapped in a baggy, chewy old sausage skin because they've been on a boat from the Transvaal for months but even so. Do they think we're so stupid we need tactile information to distinguish them from a standard orange?

Haveimiscarried Sat 20-Dec-14 21:43:11

You aren't the only one link wink

amicissimma Sat 20-Dec-14 21:46:43

I've been thinking the same thing. I have discovered that if you look very, very carefully the type is written on a label or shelf label somewhere.

Waitrose do oranges in boxes that do actually taste of orange (the orange, I haven't tried the box); the big green boxes even say 'Clementines' in writing that is large enough to see but swiggly so it takes a bit of peering at.

AlpacaLypse Sat 20-Dec-14 21:49:20

...and breathe....

catslave I see where you're coming from. So far I've bought small thin-skinned citrus fruits from Tesco, Morrisons and Waitrose. I particularly remember the Tesco ones having Easy Peelers written on them, but they did also have Variety and Country of Origin.

I noticed as I am currently boycotting Israel until they stop invading Palestine.

The Waitrose and Morrisons were also fairly clearly labelled.

I'm pretty serious about the Israeli blockade. Bastards.

livegoldrings Sat 20-Dec-14 21:57:15

Oh I thought this was because they are hardly ever easy to peel. They should call them quite-fiddly-to-peelers. I agree they all taste of sour nothingness.

RedSoloCup Sat 20-Dec-14 22:05:01

They are all horrible this year and have put my DC off of oranges sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now