Talk

Advanced search

Fucking boxes.

(23 Posts)
MintyChops Sat 20-Dec-14 16:20:55

Ah for fucks sake. Our 5 year old has just found the box that the present Santa is bringing him for Christmas came in. I have done EVERYTHING for Christmas, thought of the presents, bought the presents, wrapped and hidden the presents, assembled the presents, spirited them away to a neighbour's house to be hidden, all the planning for meals etc. Now I know I didn't get rid of the box either but I feel like if I don't do something, it doesn't get done at all and now I have a crying 5 year old asking why Santa has brought an empty box a week early. Am really upset and irrationally annoyed with my husband. Fuck this.

Purplepixiedust Sat 20-Dec-14 16:24:12

Sorry but you should have got rid of the box. Pointless expecting a bloke to think to do it, especially if you are the one who sorting everything out.

JuniperTisane Sat 20-Dec-14 16:25:32

Can't you tell him its waiting for the elf couriers to pick it up, you keep it safe all year and they collect it just before christmas to be filled up?

JuniperTisane Sat 20-Dec-14 16:28:43

Oh just realised I had the wrong end of the stick there. Thought you were talking about some kind of special presents box or something. You meant the packaging of the actual toy didn't you?

Still though, if it was always going to be out of the packaging can't you fudge some kind of excuse like Santa always sends the packaging in advance to keep safe (or something fconfused)

magpieginglebells Sat 20-Dec-14 16:29:50

Can you tell him you got the boxes so Santa knows what he wants. Did your husband know you were expecting him to dispose of the boxes?

MintyChops Sat 20-Dec-14 16:30:29

Have given him some nonsense about Santa being confused/ elves assembling things and losing boxes and he seems ok-ish about it. Yes, thanks pixie I know I should have done it but I am upset/pissed off about it. Feels like the surprise is ruined.

DustyBedhead Sat 20-Dec-14 16:30:42

Brilliant idea from Juniper, do that OP.

Finola1step Sat 20-Dec-14 16:31:56

Tell him it's what the elves do. That Santa has so much work to do that they ask some mummy's and daddy's to help with some of the boxes. But they only choose mummy's and daddy's who have got really good boys and girls.

Worth a shot?

LineRunner Sat 20-Dec-14 16:32:26

Minty
Tell your DC that it was a special message from Santa.
Use it to your advantage basically.
As for the rest, it's bloody stressful isn't it?

PurpleSwift Sat 20-Dec-14 16:32:56

Why do they think the empty box is from santa? Cant you say it was a present for someone else that you bought?

TaperJeanGirl Sat 20-Dec-14 16:35:17

Tell him it's his friends/cousins/ preferably one he won't see before Christmas.., think that's about as much as you can do confused

DoesntLeftoverTurkeySoupDragOn Sat 20-Dec-14 16:36:05

Is this a plain brown box or one with pictures of the toy all over it?

If the former, I don't see the problem.

If the latter, I would remove that toy from the santa gifts and send it from me instead.

MintyChops Sat 20-Dec-14 16:37:16

Thanks guys, if he brings it up again I'll try the elves bringing boxes early to the extra-good boys and girls. I didn't ask him to get rid of the box, no, it's the futile anger of not having done it myself and the therefore it didn't get done that I'm experiencing here. I know he's not a mind reader, I just wish one of us had bloody got rid of it and I know it's not fair to be angry with him but there you are. Mostly I'm upset that after all my hard work this has happened. Disclaimer; am not feeling very rational as youngest of our 3 DCs is 11 weeks and we are both knackered!!

MintyChops Sat 20-Dec-14 16:38:36

It's a doll's house that he has wanted for ages and wrote to Santa about so he knows it's for him. The picture is on the box.

Zippidydoodah Sat 20-Dec-14 16:41:40

I think you're projecting your anger with yourself into your dh, and to be quite honest with you, I don't blame you!! Perhaps if he had helped/offered to help this wouldn't have happened. You have an 11 week old plus two other children and I'm guessing you're somewhat sleep deprived.

Hopefully your Ds will accept the various stories you can tell him. In the mean time, flowers for you!

Zippidydoodah Sat 20-Dec-14 16:42:39

*onto, not into! Bloody autocorrect.

MintyChops Sat 20-Dec-14 16:43:16

I think you're absolutely right Zippedy. Thanks for the flowers.

erin99 Sat 20-Dec-14 16:43:49

I'd give him the dolls' house from you and other stuff from father Christmas.

oldspeckledtam Sat 20-Dec-14 16:45:14

My son found the instructions for the playmobil castle dh and I spend three solid hours constructing popped together yesterday. We think he found them in the recycling bag. No idea why or how he was in there! He was very excited. H and I just played really dumb and he seemed happy enough!

oldspeckledtam Sat 20-Dec-14 16:45:51

Hmm. Bold instead of strike through fail there....blush

MintyChops Sat 20-Dec-14 16:47:06

The other things he asked Santa for are a remote control head. And an electric spider, even if I could find them I doubt they would get to me in Ireland in time.

MintyChops Sat 20-Dec-14 16:51:39

Ah hard luck oldspeckled, at least he is excited though. Playing dumb is a good plan too. Will try a combo of dumb/elves/extra-good boys. At least I suppose only 5 more days until he can have it.

Fairenuff Sat 20-Dec-14 16:52:14

It will be fine. He is 5 and will believe anything. I would have said that Santa knows what he wants and if he continues to be good, Santa will fill it for him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now