Talk

Advanced search

to not be able to believe someone could be this stupid.

(22 Posts)
mistymorningmemories Sat 20-Dec-14 10:30:43

Can't link as on phone but in our local newspaper today, a kitten has been handed into an animal shelter after being given to someone as a secret santa present. WTF?!!

HighwayDragon Sat 20-Dec-14 10:31:34

shock angry

oswellkettleblack Sat 20-Dec-14 10:32:25

Poor thing!

TheMuppetsSingChristmas Sat 20-Dec-14 10:37:18

YABU sadly. As hard as it is to understand, some people really really are that stupid. I'm constantly amazed, and not in a good way.

mistymorningmemories Sat 20-Dec-14 10:41:12

www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Kitten-given-Secret-Santa-gift-homeless/story-25744412-detail/story.html?ito=email_newsletter_plymouthherald

treaclesoda Sat 20-Dec-14 10:51:45

my guess is that it's not so much stupidity as unpleasantness. Probably gave the kitten to someone they didn't like much, knowing that they were landing them with a long term inconvenience and expense.

BadtzMaru Sat 20-Dec-14 11:07:13

YANBU, that is incredibly stupid to give a living creature to someone unexpectedly, even if the recipient already has 10 cats there could be a good reason why they can't take on one more. The kitten is lovely, I'm too far away or I would adopt her in a heartbeat, been considering getting a companion for my cat.

Andrewofgg Sat 20-Dec-14 11:08:33

Einstein said that two things were infinite, human stupidity and the universe, and he wasn't sure about the universe.

mistymorningmemories Sat 20-Dec-14 11:14:38

I do hope you are wrong treacle (in the nicest possible way). The only think worse than someone being stupid enough to do this would be someone doing it with malicious intent.

WowWowSauce Sat 20-Dec-14 11:15:56

Poor bloody kitten. I hope she finds a good, forever home after this. She must be so confused.

Blueandwhitelover Sat 20-Dec-14 11:17:38

We might be in the same town then Misty, literally just come online to post the same story! It is awful isn't it x

CaptainAnkles Sat 20-Dec-14 11:19:26

What an absolute tool the giver must be. They need a sound slap around the chops.

zaracharlotte Sat 20-Dec-14 11:24:35

It is very stupid, but I'm sure the kitten will get adopted soon. She/he still has age on her side - sad but true.

Eeeeekyeeek Sat 20-Dec-14 11:26:17

I'm struggling to imagine someone doing this. Giving a cat as a gift (stupidly) maybe, but as a Secret Santa gift?

They are usually given at work aren't they? And the whole idea is that you don't know who bought you the gift.

I don't know, but it just sounds really, really strange to me.

fakenamefornow Sat 20-Dec-14 11:29:28

What was it wrapped an everything? How could it have been handed over?

fakenamefornow Sat 20-Dec-14 11:30:28

Not sure I believe this really

TheReluctantCountess Sat 20-Dec-14 11:30:41

Oh my god.

mistymorningmemories Sat 20-Dec-14 11:50:58

Only know what was in article. Suppose it could be made up by the woman who handed it in. Sure it will find a home quickly. <waves to blueandwhite>

differentnameforthis Sat 20-Dec-14 12:26:44

Probably gave the kitten to someone they didn't like much, knowing that they were landing them with a long term inconvenience and expense.

I very much doubt that much thought went into it. Probably either one of their cats kittens, or they didn't want it anymore!

mistymorningmemories Sat 20-Dec-14 18:25:47

Probably true different.

AlpacaStockingOnChristmasEve Sat 20-Dec-14 18:35:29

I saw this earlier amd was shocked. Poor kitty.
<waves to all the other plymothians>

Pixel Sat 20-Dec-14 19:38:32

Suppose it could be made up by the woman who handed it in.

Must admit that thought did cross my mind. A good excuse if you've bought a kitten then regretted it. Perhaps it trashed the christmas tree or didn't match her furniture or something.

Mind you, there is a cat basket in the photo with a woman's name on it so I suppose that does point to it being a gift!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now