Talk

Advanced search

To be sooo happy I am not at work ...

(20 Posts)
mytartanscarf Sat 20-Dec-14 10:26:40

It's tipping down with sleety rain, there's loads of traffic and when I woke up at 6 it was pitch black.

I often feel this great sense of relief I am not working grin

fanjobiscuits Sat 20-Dec-14 10:28:32

Yanbu at all. Here's to Christmaswine

Redglitter Sat 20-Dec-14 10:37:17

I was up at 0530 for work this morning angry

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 20-Dec-14 10:39:39

I'm thrilled too and I'm off for two weeks, yippee!! not so stealth a boast I'm afraid.

Wotsitsareafterme Sat 20-Dec-14 10:40:29

God me too and no school run! Don't think I've ever needed a break so much!

mytartanscarf Sat 20-Dec-14 10:40:58

I am in later but just so relieved not to be on in the morning; I HATE working mornings!

BlairBass Mon 22-Dec-14 14:21:42

I still hug myself in glee that I'm not going in to work (and I've been on maternity leave for 9 months and counting!) - although I think the best day was a public-transport-strike earlier this year - I think it's the first one I haven't had to leave house at 6.30am to be sure to get in - whoo hoo!
Honestly, love, love, love being SAHM - anyone who says it's harder than work should have had my job (and Director)
ENJOY!
xxx

DidoTheDodo Mon 22-Dec-14 14:28:14

YABVVVVVVVU
Because I am at work and will be until Wednesday

FlowerFairy2014 Mon 22-Dec-14 15:17:45

Lots of people aren't. I'd done 2 hours of work by 10,.30am today. I was amazed when I took a child out to the shops how many people seem to be off work. How can they get so much holiday from work that they can take a whole 2 weeks at Christmas? that does not leave much annual leave for the rest of the year.

Excited85 Mon 22-Dec-14 15:21:32

It doesn't flower fairy. We get 20 days/yr and have to keep 6 back to cover Christmas shutdown, leaving us with 14 for the other 50 weeks... Makes for a very long year :-(

alsmutko Mon 22-Dec-14 15:21:40

AIBU in being pissed off that I'm on leave but got cold bad enough for me to take time off sick for if I wasn't already off work?

DidoTheDodo Mon 22-Dec-14 15:23:27

Central London is very quiet today. By Wednesday it will be a ghost town. Hoping for some foodie bargains in Waitrose by then!

Fanfeckintastic Mon 22-Dec-14 15:25:47

Oh me too OP, me too!! It's my first time off with DD in months and we spent the day making Christmas cards, building masterpieces with lego and now she's curled up asleep beside me! I'm so happy!

Mammanat222 Mon 22-Dec-14 15:26:01

Gah I am in all over Xmas.

However when you are all fighting the morning rush hour in early January I'll be tucked up in bed as I'll finally be on maternity leave!!

(tucked up in bed might be wishful thinking as I have a toddler but I certainly won't be leaving the house at 8am!)

PitchWrapped Mon 22-Dec-14 15:30:24

I get 25 days of holiday this year so have 2 weeks off. Its taken me 6 days of holiday but i havent really needed to be off this year (no kids) so i had plenty left to take. Am really enjoying my time off too

windchime Mon 22-Dec-14 16:12:45

YANBU. I am sooo enjoying my annual leave. 11 days of total Christmassy bliss with my DCs. The house is clean, the fridge and freezers are full so let it snow fsmile

MissCalamity Mon 22-Dec-14 16:19:40

YANBU!
I'm on maternity leave & loving not having to go out fgrin

AwfulBeryl Mon 22-Dec-14 16:19:49

Me too, I used to work in residential care, (I work in adult education now) I really appreciate having Christmas off.

LilMissSunshine9 Mon 22-Dec-14 16:19:54

I got three weeks off starting from this week - so fecking happy especially when I woke up with a killer sore throat. At least I could spend it all morning in bed resting up smile

Iggly Mon 22-Dec-14 16:26:28

*anyone who says it's harder than work should have had my job (and Director)
ENJOY!*

This a million times. I really need a career break - am finding it too much! I've got two weeks off but will need to check in angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now