Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to put TV on at top volume

(11 Posts)
AlwaysDancing1234 Sat 20-Dec-14 05:41:10

Neighbours had a party last night, it's the festive season so at first I thought "fair enough" then as the night wore on I got p*ssed off.

Their friends went into the front garden to smoke so lots of door slamming as they went in and out 2 billion times and shouting, swearing and singing.

4am came and went they were still partying. DD was finally asleep, on me, so couldn't go out and ask them to STFU

At 5am it finally went quiet but DS and DD both awake.

So would I be unreasonable to give DS some wooden spoons and metal pan lids and send him out to the garden to serenade the (inconsiderate f*ckers) neighbours

AlwaysDancing1234 Sat 20-Dec-14 05:42:52

Oops posted to soon.... and put Frozen on the TV at top volume and encourage kids to sing along very loudly. That'll teach 'em!

tracyrobo Sat 20-Dec-14 05:57:30

If they were that drunk they probably wouldn't even hear it! I feel your pain...

Wonkyparsnip Sat 20-Dec-14 06:15:12

What's that? You desperately need to borrow a tsp of sugar and have to go and ring the doorbell over and over until they answer?

AlwaysDancing1234 Sat 20-Dec-14 06:22:37

Oooh good idea Parsnip!

RokensWife Sat 20-Dec-14 06:34:40

I would be hoovering, allowing my autistic son to indulge in his opening and closing doors obsession, washing machine and dishwasher going, TV volume up etc

JamNan Sat 20-Dec-14 06:38:06

Maybe wait a wee while until they are awake and nursing their hangovers then give it to 'em.

AlwaysDancing1234 Sat 20-Dec-14 07:07:28

Yes hoovering is a good idea, also I think that hedge separating our gardens will require trimming with a very loud hedge cutter later grin

MiddleAgedandConfused Sat 20-Dec-14 11:38:24

Get stuck in - people like that are despicable.

ilovesooty Sat 20-Dec-14 11:40:16

Why be so passive aggressive? What's wrong with going round and discussing their lack of consideration with them?

AlwaysDancing1234 Sun 21-Dec-14 01:52:13

Sooty I have tried to discuss with them before, all apologetic until next time they've "had a few bevvies" then common sense and consideration goes out the window

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now