Talk

Advanced search

To have forgotten what to do to relax

(10 Posts)
Ijustdontknowwhattodowithmysel Fri 19-Dec-14 15:25:19

I've got two small children and have had a shitty time of it recently.

My OH is going out for drinks tonight but has arranged a babysitter for me for three hours so I get a break.

if I stay in the house I risk the baby crying but if I go out then I will just end up spending money I don't have shopping or get a bit drunk which will just make me more tired.

Please can you lovely lot help me? I have say 6-9 to myself. What should I do?

FuckinUnderTheChristmasTree Fri 19-Dec-14 15:26:19

Go to the cinema?

queenmools Fri 19-Dec-14 15:28:25

Go round to a friend's house for a chat.

JustTryEverything Fri 19-Dec-14 15:31:06

Do you like swimming? I find it very relaxing and not at all like the dreaded 'exercise' - the best bit is the sauna / steam bit afterwards. My local pool is pay as you go or you could try to get into a gym for a 'taster' session.

Ijustdontknowwhattodowithmysel Fri 19-Dec-14 15:43:03

Nothing on at the cinema and any friend I see will want to get drunk which I'm not sure I'm mad keen on.

Swimming is a good idea!

HyperThread Fri 19-Dec-14 15:43:17

Cinema and/or go out for a nice meal

Fallingovercliffs Fri 19-Dec-14 15:52:06

Is there any carol services on locally you could go to? It would be relaxing and also get you into a Christmassy mood.

cinema or theatre - there might be cheap tickets, our local one does £3 tickets in the hour before curtain up.

Go for a nice coffee and people watch, everywhere is open late this time of year

go to a bookshop and buy a new book, you may be able to sit and read there too

buy a craft kit and spend some time starting it

bake nice stuff - stay in the kitchen and let the babysitter deal with the baby

FluffyJawsOfDoom Fri 19-Dec-14 16:53:03

Go out for dinner, take a book - I'm jealous already!

whois Fri 19-Dec-14 18:36:54

Swim, cinema, meal out, go and see the Christmas lights in town, go to a Christmas market if you have one, cafe, people watch, read.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now