Talk

Advanced search

to ask if anyone knows of a good respite care home in Birmingham that could take someone with early onset dementia

(5 Posts)
ThoughtItWasMine Fri 19-Dec-14 00:00:30

DPs DM is 61 and has early onset dementia. She's incontinent and generally needs supervising in everything she does - really tragic and so unfair.

DPs DF wants to arrange some respite care as he's exhausted - doesn't have to be immediately; more concerned to find a good home where she'll be looked after well.

AIBU to ask if anyone knows of one in or near Birmingham?

RandomNPC Fri 19-Dec-14 00:06:25

Have just sent you a PM.

RandomNPC Fri 19-Dec-14 00:09:31

I looked after someone who speaks highly of The Lawns in Alvechurch, they have used it for respite.

BackforGood Fri 19-Dec-14 00:19:48

There are hundreds Link

but of course they vary a lot on what they can offer - I know friends really struggled to find a place for their Dad earlier this year, as homes were very specific about the actual diagnosis. Eventually, they were delighted with where they got him into... I'm really sorry though, I can't ask them at the moment where it was as it's not a good time for casual chat with the family sad... but that was something that had never struck me before, that they could select the people moving in, as much as you select the home.

CaulkheadUpNorth Fri 19-Dec-14 00:33:55

Castle Croft in Weoley castle/Selly oak.

It's brilliant. I would want to go there. I'm involved in it through work, so visit a few places and it is great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now