Talk

Advanced search

DH is far too tired to talk to me, mostly, but can stay out after half ten tonight, AIBU?

(16 Posts)
PollyFilla Thu 18-Dec-14 22:36:19

We're generally happy but he is always knackered as he works long hours.

Last night I tried to talk to him a ten and he was too knackered. Tonight he's gone to a sports year end do and is still out.

AIBU to be pissed off?

PollyFilla Thu 18-Dec-14 22:37:41

He's just not that into me is he?

MamaMary Thu 18-Dec-14 22:39:39

YANBU to be a bit pissed off, but there's no evidence from what you've posted that he's not into you.

After half 10 is not exactly late!

EnchanciaAnthem Thu 18-Dec-14 22:40:02

I don't think it's that. I think at home you tend to be in 'relaxing mode' more, so if you're tired and at home..it's easier to succumb to the feeling and doze off etc. But when you're out and there's an atmosphere, lots of people etc it just makes you more alert.

If anything it probably means he's most relaxed with you!

Bowlersarm Thu 18-Dec-14 22:40:06

Well I suppose sports club end of year dos only happen once a year, but you are available to talk to every night.

HyperThread Thu 18-Dec-14 22:43:29

What time does he wake up?

LovleyRitaMeterMaid Thu 18-Dec-14 22:43:57

Depends what you are trying to talk about I guess.

Dh comes to life about 10 as I'm heading to bed. I quite often declare it's too late for a serious chat.

Funkytown Thu 18-Dec-14 22:47:06

maybe he's bored of the conversation not you ?? if you know what i mean
by oh gets like that so sometimes we have a drink (or 2) and play cards or something stupid
so that we are still spending time together but its not the same old

PollyFilla Thu 18-Dec-14 22:49:44

Thank you for the views. He's come in and thinks I'm very unreasonable do there's no point in discussing it, I just need to sort my own life I think and arrange stuff to do without him. Or maybe my whole life without him.

LovleyRitaMeterMaid Thu 18-Dec-14 22:51:38

Sounds like there's a lot more to this story.

Passthecake30 Thu 18-Dec-14 22:55:51

I get told off for interrupting while the tv is on. ...so I understand but have no answers!

How do you find conversation if you go out for a meal or something?

radiobedhead Thu 18-Dec-14 23:28:19

I sometimes cba to talk to DH. Doesn't mean I don't want a night out on another night.

YABU and quite silly!

ThePinkOcelot Thu 18-Dec-14 23:32:51

I think there's more to it radio, so think you are quite mean to call Op silly!!
Are you okay Op?xx

radiobedhead Thu 18-Dec-14 23:48:30

I'm going by what the OP has said...

bearwithspecs Fri 19-Dec-14 09:47:25

I'm with radio. We often decide we too tired to talk properly at 10pm but a night out is totally different. Guess it depends on what the discussion is and how long op has been waiting to have it ?

DialsMavis Fri 19-Dec-14 10:05:48

If you are genuinely happy then thinking of a life without him because he is boring at home in the evenings but stays put until 10.45 at a Christmas do is a little extreme. It sounds like you need a big think and you need a talk. Are your children quite young? Do you do enough out of the house?

DP and I are in a bit of a boring, take each other for granted rug at home at the moment, but it's as much my fault as it is his. Is thus the case for you? Or do you feel that it's him causing the probs at home?

DP had his works do last night and didn't come home at all, despite whining all week about being knackered and full of cold. I'm not trying to be a cool wife, but I'm ok with it. Because I know what that feels like, so little fun and excitement at times that when I have a little bit I go mad and take it too far, he is the same. However, if the 'cold' comes back and he doesn't pull his weight this weekend I will be exceedingly pissed off and won't stand for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now