Talk

Advanced search

Driving test

(8 Posts)
Chuffingelves01 Thu 18-Dec-14 22:33:37

I failed my driving test last week. It was nothing huge I failed on the reverse around a corner. I completely understand why I failed. Dh has been looking at cancellations for me tonight and there is one Christmas Eve. He is friends with my driving instructor and they have both said to go for it.

The question is aibu for saying no. Town will be so busy, I will have a million things to do Christmas Eve and I feel it was just be adding to the stress of an already stressful situation. Their argument is I can drive so what does it matter when I do it. Also I am worried how I will be if I fail again. Yes I can drive but anythin could happen on the day and if I failed I feel it would put me in a bit of a funk over Christmas.

Would you guys do it? I just think that with all of the extra traffic on the road - people rushing - there is more chance of things going wrong. Also driving is all I have really thought about for months and I want to just relax over Christmas.

LovleyRitaMeterMaid Thu 18-Dec-14 22:46:45

I'd be tempted to go for it depending on how failing would affect your mood, if that makes sense?

Mandatorymongoose Thu 18-Dec-14 22:58:58

Driving test when it's busy is great!

You don't have to as far, you go nice and slowly so plenty of thinking time and maybe you won't even have to reverse around a corner smile.

I don't think it's a bad time to do it but if you don't want to you don't have to. It'll wait until the new year.

duckbilled Thu 18-Dec-14 23:02:57

I failed my first test on a relatively quiet mid week afternoon, then rebooked for Monday morning rush hour and passed! Like previously mentioned it was much less stressful being busy as I didn't go anywhere fast so had longer to think and react. Good luck if you decide to go for it!! fsmile

JulyKit Thu 18-Dec-14 23:03:17

Exactly what Mandatory said! smile

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 18-Dec-14 23:05:37

I'd go for it. so what if you fail again you go back to buses. but of you pass you van wave at us sad cold gits at the bus stop as you load up your Jan sale bargains wink

BackforGood Thu 18-Dec-14 23:24:42

I'd go for it too.

JeanneDeMontbaston Thu 18-Dec-14 23:43:54

I think go for it. But tell yourself you're taking a cancellation and it's busy - if you fail, honestly, it may well be because it's not the ideal time. So there isn't too much pressure.

Sometimes stress about other unrelated things can actually help you put the stress of a test in perspective. I am a good driver (I can say that now as I've never had anything more than bangs reversing over the years), but in my first test I was so nervous my foot shook and I couldn't control the clutch. Pure test nerves.

My second test - and I don't recommend this, but - I was two days before my A Level results and had just found out about an unplanned pregnancy. Believe me, I was absolutely calm about the test itself!

Whatever you decide, good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now