Talk

Advanced search

To wish programme writers would put more thought into the endings of their series? *possible spoilers enclosed!*

(5 Posts)
RoastingYourChestnutsHurtsAlot Thu 18-Dec-14 19:02:53

I'm looking specifically at The Missing and Sons of Anarchy, both of which deeply underwhelmed me and made me feel a bit cheated after all the time id invested in those series (at least SOA had a brilliant soundtrack though)

AIBU?

anothermakesthree Thu 18-Dec-14 19:06:30

So agree! Watched the missing for almost 2 months!! What was the ending about....had he gone mad or had he really discovered his son???? I'm assuming he had gone mad, what a silly ending.

RoastingYourChestnutsHurtsAlot Thu 18-Dec-14 19:08:36

He went mad because he couldn't accept Ollie was dead as he'd spent nearly a decade searching for him. But what a pfffft the accident was. I sat and went 'really?! Is that it?!'

ghostyslovesheep Thu 18-Dec-14 19:16:25

I thought The Missing was really good - I liked the fact that after all the speculation the truth, as it often is, is horribly banal

but the theme of lost children - and all the lost 'children' in it was brilliantly done - including the dad - who without the 'cause' was utterly lost

ghostyslovesheep Thu 18-Dec-14 19:20:54

also get HQ to change your title so people know which show's you are talking about - then they can know if the spoilers matter to them or not

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now