Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to still be thinking WTF?

(30 Posts)
Selinasupreme Thu 18-Dec-14 16:42:26

So I work in an office of about 30 people and today as it's our last day we decided to order Pizza and we all put in 6 pounds and said what we don't like and all agreed to get a mix, so we nominated someone to collect them and he came back with 8 meat feast pizzas with a barbecue base. Instantly some people said "sorry I can't eat that I can't stand barbecue" one was a vegetarian aswel. When someone asked him why he got that particular flavour combo he said "well that's what I always have I didn't think it would be a problem"

Am i being unreasonable to be this annoyed about food? I just sat there thinking, what the hell? In the end about 3 people ended up eating it. There was loads left. Do I sound like a fussy diva or is this ridiculous?

Whippet81 Thu 18-Dec-14 16:44:37

No he is a complete wally.

MmeLindor Thu 18-Dec-14 16:44:55

No, he was a selfish bastard and should have stumped up to buy extra pizza.

Mrscog Thu 18-Dec-14 16:47:05

No I'd think WTF too.

Is he a total arse or just a head in the clouds type?

Selinasupreme Thu 18-Dec-14 16:49:29

I don't know whether he was annoyed about being asked to collect it so didn't want to do it again or if he was just thinking about what he likes? No idea

fairgame Thu 18-Dec-14 16:50:10

YANBU
Sounds like a complete idiot. He hasn't thought about anybody else's needs.

Nervo Thu 18-Dec-14 16:50:38

He was making sure he won't be sent out for food again.

SoonToBeMrsB Thu 18-Dec-14 16:50:45

I would have made him pay me my £6 back. What a knob!

Mrscog Thu 18-Dec-14 16:58:34

Was he instructed to get a mix? It's kind of strange that the mix of what you wanted wasn't specified? Not that absolves him of being completely idiotic.

CaptainAnkles Thu 18-Dec-14 17:00:19

If you'd agreed to get a mixture what the he'll was he thinking when he got 8 all the same? I'd want my money back too.

KnittingChristmasJumpers Thu 18-Dec-14 17:01:11

I'd seriously ask for my money back. He's definitely done it on purpose to prove some sort of point (maybe he was pissy about being sent to collect) but I'd not put up with that.

FWIW I hate both BBQ base and Meat Feast so would be absolutely raging at this.

emotionsecho Thu 18-Dec-14 17:05:51

YANBU, what a knob. Sounds deliberate to me. Surely it would have been better to order the pizza by telephone in advance and just despatch someone to collect them? Or is that what he did, if so, he's even more of a knob and deserves to have a cup of tea made with laxatives.

TheHermitCrab Thu 18-Dec-14 17:09:13

You must work in a VERY patient office. Where I work people would have just told him he was an utter idiot.

Who honestly at any time ever buys 6 pizzas exactly the same for people to share. Even 6 plain cheese and tomatoes would have been daft.

I can't believe no one said anything to him or clouted him round the head with a slice.

hope you took your £6 back.

fluffyraggies Thu 18-Dec-14 17:09:48

Oh god how annoying! Idiot! I hate BBQ flavored anything, and dont like spicy meat so it wouldn't have done for me either.

Twat. I'd have wanted my 6 quid back.

Plateofcrumbs Thu 18-Dec-14 17:15:52

So you ended up six quid down and hungry? I'd be well pissed off, what a tool.

Sparklingbrook Thu 18-Dec-14 17:18:49

BBQ base is the best pizza base ever but it was wrong of him to assume everyone felt the same. Weird and annoying.

TheBatteriesHaveRunOut Thu 18-Dec-14 17:22:28

What a stupid fucking bastard.

I'd have shaken him upside down till I got £6 back out.

The nob.

CockBollocks Thu 18-Dec-14 17:23:10

Im surprised you sent a man without a specific list - they just don't think like us!!!! grin

YANBU to think he's an idiot though.

Skiingmaniac Thu 18-Dec-14 17:31:47

What £180 for 8 pizzas - wow!

Selinasupreme Thu 18-Dec-14 18:04:19

Skiingmaniac some people bought sides or drinks rather than putting towards the pizzas and we all shared as it's a big office.

Steben Thu 18-Dec-14 18:06:48

This would have been cause for a riot where I work - he would be black and blue.

TheWitTank Thu 18-Dec-14 18:13:45

YANBU. Ridiculous reasoning; most people would have got a mix of pizza's, or at the very least a couple of margarita ones. I hate bbq so wouldn't have touched them. Does he have form for being a plonker?! He would have been (figuratively) ripped to shreds at my workplace!

MidniteScribbler Thu 18-Dec-14 21:58:39

Can't you just ring the pizza place and order a mix? We do that with ours when we're having our late meetings "Eight pizzas, mix of flavours please, including vegetarian". They make up whatever they feel like and we get a pretty good variety.

noddingoff Thu 18-Dec-14 22:03:03

Of course they could have preordered - they just didn't count on him being such a selfish knob. I second the laxatives in the tea (and I love BBQ base and meat feast pizza)

WoodenGo Thu 18-Dec-14 22:06:32

Was it unicorn meat or something? 8 pizzas for over 150 quid?

Anyway, he was a dick. Did he get to take the leftovers home by any chance?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now