Talk

Advanced search

To start blowing hot and cold with this friend all the time and see how she bloody likes it?

(12 Posts)
toocoolforsoup Thu 18-Dec-14 15:58:13

Friend is always hot and cold with me. Sometimes she's nice and friendly and all chatty, and at other times if I speak to her on the school run she acts as if I'm something that she's stepped in. If she's with someone else, then she will just ignore me. And sometimes when we meet she's all nice and friendly, and then at other times she's all moody and moany. She always seems fine with everyone else and stands giggling away.

WIBU to start doing the same to her, and to just not bother with her again? I just feel like shit now as on the school run this afternoon she was very offhand with me and almost rolled her eyes when I spoke to her, as she was with one of her other friends.

toocoolforsoup Thu 18-Dec-14 16:01:31

Plus she is always texting and using her phone when chatting to me. I'll be talking and she'll just start using her phone and ignoring me.

MonstrousRatbag Thu 18-Dec-14 16:03:04

I would leave it at a polite 'Hello' and move on. She sounds as though she is only your 'friend' if there isn't a better option around.

Fallingovercliffs Thu 18-Dec-14 16:04:57

I would just move on and forget about her. As Monstrous said, a polite Hello when you bump into her. Just see her as an acquaintance, because she's certainly not acting like a friend.

oswellkettleblack Thu 18-Dec-14 16:06:24

I would completely ignore this person. She sounds like a cow, not a friend. Just avoid as much as possible, keep it civil and no more plans with her.

JapaneseMargaret Thu 18-Dec-14 16:09:16

Agree with the others. I wouldn't ignore her, I'd just scale the interaction down to a 'hello' in passing, rather than an expectation to chat.

Relegate the relationship to nodding acquaintences.

bigjimsdiamondmine Thu 18-Dec-14 16:12:38

Are you sure they are just not a bit socially awkward? this sounds silly, but when I'm on the school run and talking to one person I find it difficult to interrupt them to talk to someone else I know, and if I do i then find it hard to keep both conversations going at the same time or know which to talk to, the person I was talking to first or the new person! I know its easy for most people, but I really struggle, and sometimes I go home worrying that someone will have thought I was rude because I didn't have a chance to acknowledge them\talk to them.

MairyHinge Thu 18-Dec-14 16:49:54

I have a friend who will text when in my company...it's so rude! Now don't get me wrong, if I'm in company and I get a text I will just look at the screen to see who it is. ( mum recently widowed so I try to answer her asap), but if it's nothing I will not even read it til I'm no longer in company.
So I'm mid conversation, friends phone bleeps, and she reads and answers the text! It gets me so bloody mad. I actually stop talking now, like I'm making a point of refusing to continue talking if I'm just going to be ignored!

I would certainly treat her the way she treats you, if you can!

Jodie1982 Thu 18-Dec-14 17:09:55

I'd just not acknowledge her anymore, what will you be missing? Nothing by the sound of it. She seems like a proper rude bitch. I got chatting to a mum up the school, untill she started basically blanking me so now I don't even bother saying hello, fuck her. grin

Aeroflotgirl Thu 18-Dec-14 18:00:42

She doesent sound like a friend, more of an acquantainence. Just ignore her.

emeline Thu 18-Dec-14 18:04:33

In what sense is this person a 'friend'?

newgirl Thu 18-Dec-14 18:10:03

This all seems a bit harsh - she sounds friendly to you mostly - if she stopped her chat w others when you appear that would be rude?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now