Talk

Advanced search

Tesco's online shopping policy

(16 Posts)
MrsMonkeyBear Thu 18-Dec-14 08:47:32

Did anyone realise that Tesco do a postcode lottery on online shopping??

Neither did I. Tried to order my dds formula through the website, but it's not there. Yet if I put in my mums address it magically appears.

Their excuse is down to demand blah blah blah...

I'd understand if I was trying to get Irn-Bru in North Wales but baby formula.

AIBU to think this policy is stupid.

KingJoffreysHasABigWhiteBeard Thu 18-Dec-14 08:49:45

Do they not drink Irn-Bru in North Wales?
Why not??

MrsMonkeyBear Thu 18-Dec-14 08:53:06

I just did that as an example (struggled to find it down there whilst on holiday)

KingJoffreysHasABigWhiteBeard Thu 18-Dec-14 08:54:20

Oh, I see!!

fgrin

I thought it might have been a well known 'thing'.

GooodMythicalMorning Thu 18-Dec-14 08:56:12

Does your mum live near you? Is it coming from another store?

Noodledoodledoo Thu 18-Dec-14 08:56:13

It's to do with the store it comes from. If they don't have it on their stock list you can't order it. Some of Tesco deliveries are becoming warehouse sourced like Ocado so a wider stock.

IloveOreossx Thu 18-Dec-14 08:56:45

Try living in the valleys lol. Nowhere delivers here apart from Tesco and Asda, and when they do about 75% of the stock disappears!!!!

MrsMonkeyBear Thu 18-Dec-14 09:11:29

My mum lives 30 mins away so her local store is different to mine. The store that my deliveries get sent from does stock it as I've physically bought it from there.

I've done a bit of research and out of 13 postcodes of friends and family I'm the only person who can't order it!!

Jewels234 Thu 18-Dec-14 09:16:53

This is the most ridiculous AIBU.

Of course it's picked from your local store; and if they don't stock it you can't have it. Not all stores can stock all products.

YABU.

timetoplay Thu 18-Dec-14 09:19:11

It's the store it comes from. Stores stock items that sell the most in their areas. Hence why some stores I can get lactofree stuff in all abundance and in others I can only get full fat lactofree milk.

DoJo Thu 18-Dec-14 09:25:20

It's not a policy - either your local store is out of stock, or for some reason (probably an oversight) the system thinks it is. Have you actually spoken to someone or have you just had an automated response?

LongDistanceLove Thu 18-Dec-14 09:28:40

Two different stores have different stock levels, stop the press.

Ask the store to stock it, it might be that it has been stocked there in the past, but isn't now. Or there's a glitch.

YABU.

JennyBlueWren Thu 18-Dec-14 09:30:30

Have you tried more than once. It might just have not been in stock when you tried. It's not a "policy" it's what the local Tesco has in stock. What annoys me is that it'll be in stock when I put my order in but then not when I make a change so it removes it -but then it will be back in stock again!

R4roger Thu 18-Dec-14 09:34:39

it just comes from a shop, op, yabu

although IANBU, I requested asda ready salted value crisps, dont do them in 12 pack, requested variety, out of stock and guess what their substitution is? yes, ready salted! where did they come from?!

Meloria Thu 18-Dec-14 09:39:10

Describing varying stock levels in different stores/depots as a 'postcode lottery' is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

Notso Thu 18-Dec-14 09:47:37

YABU I live in North Wales and we have Irn-Bru a-plenty. I drank gallons when pregnant with DS1. DH was worried he would be born orange fgrin

I think Tesco online shopping comes from your local store rather than a specific online shopping depot so it's not surprising it might be different for your friends and family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now