Talk

Advanced search

to want to punch the snoring woman opposite!

(29 Posts)
tiredvommachine Thu 18-Dec-14 03:53:57

Aaaaagh! Have been admitted into hospital at 31 weeks because of high blood pressure and am exhausted and trying to sleep but the woman opposite my bed sounds like a bloody pneumatic drill with her snoring!
AIBU to be feeling such rage towards another pregnant individual!?
fangry

TheFantasticFixit Thu 18-Dec-14 04:09:16

Think of it as training for the postnatal ward because believe me, that is 100 times worse blush

tiredvommachine Thu 18-Dec-14 04:12:05

fantastic can't flipping wait!

TheFantasticFixit Thu 18-Dec-14 04:13:09

... Or try asking nurses for earplugs?

tiredvommachine Thu 18-Dec-14 04:15:46

They give out earplugs?? shock

LuvMyBoyz Thu 18-Dec-14 04:17:08

YANBU

Pinksun12 Thu 18-Dec-14 04:31:22

Buy some earplugs at the hospital shop tomorrow. I had to stay on the antenatal ward for a month, snoring women were harmless...

haveagoharibo Thu 18-Dec-14 05:32:02

YABU. She cannot help snoring. When I was admitted to hospital I was worried about sleeping because of my snoring, it's embarrassing but nothing I can do about it.

Roomba Thu 18-Dec-14 07:38:19

This is why the midwives kept going round offering us all sleeping tablets before lights out, when I was in antenatally! At the time I was a bit shock as had never taken them before, certainly wouldn't start to while pregnant, and it's not like I'd seen a doctor and complained about insomnia or anything.

I bitterly regretted saying 'no thank you' that night, I can tell you grin.

Next night, I did not make the same mistake, and when asked 'One or two?', I went for two!

Nobody snores like a heavily pregnant woman IME!

Babiecakes11 Thu 18-Dec-14 08:27:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tiredvommachine Thu 18-Dec-14 08:43:24

Thank you for your replies. I'm hoping I can go home today so can snuggle back in my own bed!

No I didn't complain about the snoring to either the midwife or the lady herself as luckily I kept a bit of rationality in my sleep deprived state!

I wasn't offered sleeping tablets last night but will bear that in mind if I stay in.

Feel drunk today without the fun!

Reiltin Thu 18-Dec-14 08:48:01

Ugh! I had that the night before I was induced. Could hear her through blaring music on my earphones. I have no helpful solution but much sympathy hmm

Fallingovercliffs Thu 18-Dec-14 10:40:43

Hospitals are notoriously difficult to sleep in. If someone isn't snoring, then you have nurses clattering in to deal with a patient, or someone's drip beeping loudly when it's finished, or a conversation going on in the corridor outside - not to mention the inconsiderate patients who have loud phone conversations on the ward late at night.

ChickenMe Thu 18-Dec-14 12:49:14

Oh God that will be me. 25w and already snoring like a motorbike. Have woken myself up its that loud.
Not U to be pissed off with it-I'm pissed off with my own snore! U r think there's anything the snorer can do.
OH keeps waking me up "you're snoring". So Im getting hour-on hour -off sleep atm. Great preparation for the baby I guess!

ChickenMe Thu 18-Dec-14 12:50:07

*U to think there is anything the snorer can do confused

tiredvommachine Thu 18-Dec-14 12:58:32

I know there's nothing a snorer can do and the last thing I'd do is upset anyone by pointing it out to them as I know it's an unconscious thing (literally! ).

I'm being kept in for another night at least so will get the ear plugs/sleeping tablet for tonight.

My sympathy for snorers and being kept awakers alike! flowers

tiredvommachine Fri 19-Dec-14 00:31:32

My god! I'm still in and so is she and the noise already is horrendous. Another lady is hooked up to a monitoring machine and when I went to have a quick chat with her, she said her dog doesn't make that much noise!
No offer of sleeping tablets but DH brought me in a pair of earphones and CD player so hopefully can drown out the noise later.
I only wish I could post a sound link because I genuinely have never heard anything like it! confused

RaspberryRuffle Fri 19-Dec-14 02:17:05

Ask for sleeping tablets. The snoring will drive you mad it happened to me. I have been driven crazy by DH's snoring. While over the counter remedies don't stop it, they can reduce it. Not sure if the throat or nasal sprays are safe for use in pregnancy though.
I dread having guests because the spare room is not available as back up!

tiredvommachine Fri 19-Dec-14 02:22:43

I could cry, I really could. Only got about 4 hours sleep last night and not had any during the day due to all the constant checks fsad

snowspot Fri 19-Dec-14 02:29:51

I feel for you, tiredvommachine. Hospital is no place for the ill.

I guess you are experiencing 'Hate the sin, not the sinner.' I'm pretty sure it's the snore you want to punch, it's just a shame it's attached to a pregnant human being!

tiredvommachine Fri 19-Dec-14 02:37:01

Oh I totally am feeling the rage against the snoring, not the snoree but it doesn't stop it being any less annoying.
Thanks for the reply, nice to know I'm not the only person in the world awake at this stupid hour! grin

darksideofthemooncup Fri 19-Dec-14 02:49:52

I was that woman 7 years ago. I was admitted with high BP but had a heavy cold. I fell asleep during visiting hours once, woke myself up snoring only to hear the lady in the next bed's visitors saying 'JESUS, do you have to put up with THAT every night???'
To be fair I would have wanted to punch myself in the face too

tiredvommachine Fri 19-Dec-14 03:02:58

I feel sorry for her because it's properly in the sleep apnoea/pneumatic drill/needs a trip to a sleep clinic territory and must disturb her own sleep and I know it's not being done on purpose and she'd probably be mortified if she could hear herself but it's not nice being her captive pre eclampsic steroid receiving audience and I just need to vent.

I knew I should have taken the private room offered to me when I came in yesterday. Meh.

darksideofthemooncup Fri 19-Dec-14 03:18:21

Oh my love I feel for you sad is the private room still available? if so go and do your best puppy dog eyes at the nurses station

darksideofthemooncup Fri 19-Dec-14 03:21:03

or you COULD look at this as a training exercise for the next 3 months or so grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now