Talk

Advanced search

To absolutely hate Russell Brand

(124 Posts)
QuinnTwinny Thu 18-Dec-14 00:15:58

That's it really. Find him an abhorrent, sanctimonious, hypocritical prick.

lessonsintightropes Thu 18-Dec-14 00:19:18

Yeah me too. "Life's shit - don't vote, all you dispossessed kids!" Meanwhile trousering massive fees and living comfortably. Just FTFO. The only way to change things is to get young people to vote, therefore politicians will care. If only old people on pensions will vote, you can't be surprised if pensions get protected and housing benefits for under 35s get cut. Vote, vote, and vote, especially if you're young; enjoy the rhetoric and then work out how to change by protest and voting.

Petitgrain Thu 18-Dec-14 00:19:24

Yup, I'm with you there. I used to fancy him but Christ he's an absolute knobber isn't he.

BOFster Thu 18-Dec-14 00:19:49

There have been so many threads about this. He gets on my nerves too, but he's hardly Pol Pot.

Santas3rdnipple Thu 18-Dec-14 00:20:36

Me too!

ephemeralfairy Thu 18-Dec-14 00:23:10

Hate him. I just read an absolutely hilarious open letter to him from a bank worker who got caught up in one of his pathetic stunts. Can't link on phone but google it smile

scousadelic Thu 18-Dec-14 00:24:34

Yes you have all hit the nail on the head.
Massive hypocrite to the point that the mad, conspiracy theory, tin foil hat part of my brain wonders if he is a plant to try and stop young people from discovering their power so keeping money and power in the hands of the establishment

JulyKit Thu 18-Dec-14 00:25:17

Yes, there have been several threads about this. Are they all full? is the need to vent about sweaty, whiny RB so great that we need more? Do some posters protest too much? I bet RB would say they do.
Learn to live without RB, people! Cleanse your minds of all thoughts of him. Learn mindfulness techniques, or whatever it takes to tear your minds away from him. Seriously. Because the more threads there are about RB, the more it adds to the sense that the shrieky little man is stalking the entire world.

QuinnTwinny Thu 18-Dec-14 00:25:39

He's everywhere! I can't get away from him! When he initially started out (clean), I found gin hysterical! Also slightly attractive... He now just seems to be too big for his own boots and decided to take in politics! I guess when selling out to Hollywood doesn't work you've got to find something else to keep you relevant.

QuinnTwinny Thu 18-Dec-14 00:27:10

Also, I'm new to Mumsnet, not seen any threads. Sorry for repeating!

JazzAnnNonMouse Thu 18-Dec-14 00:27:42

I think the reply to that letter was equally worth mentioning.

I'm a 'young person' and I vote but I really need something to vote for!

I think politics should be more about policies than personalities. I don't like farage but I listen to him (and disagree!)
I think if people stopped 'hating' the man and listened to what he had to say (aside from 'don't vote) he actually makes some good points.

Mousefinkle Thu 18-Dec-14 00:28:12

Agreed with what Johnny Rotten said about him. Yeah don't vote, I'll be ok in my millionaires pad while you 'peasants' suffer the effects of not voting.

Russell bandwagoner I like to call him. Sold himself out to Hollywood presumably to impress Katy, now he's dating Jemima he obviously wants to impress her. He's much like Farage, no substance. Has no idea what he's talking about but obviously is under the impression he does. There's no real argument to what he's saying, he just throws out a lot of big words and is very good at sounding like he knows what he's on about. He has no real plan for what would actually happen if we did revolt. If shit hit the fan and a revolution did happen, he'd scarper.

Sad thing is, a lot of youngsters and naive people fall for what he says. My friend is one of them, she's otherwise quite intelligent actually but she went to see him live (also interesting he's making a fuck load of money off the back of this sudden media interest in him!) and always bangs on about how clever he is, how eloquent and well researched he is hmm. Essentially his whole argument is- don't bother to vote, they're all the same. That's been my mums argument for years, she's not a very open minded educated person...

ghostyslovesheep Thu 18-Dec-14 00:28:54

yanbu

JazzAnnNonMouse Thu 18-Dec-14 00:35:08

Mouse - I don't think it's just young and naive people listening to him.
But many closed minded people refuse.
Have you tried?

VanitasVanitatum Thu 18-Dec-14 00:40:12

I tried to listen but him tripping over his pretentious vocabulary in an attempt to sound intelligent just made me cringe. He really just says nothing of any novel value.

anothernumberone Thu 18-Dec-14 00:40:23

I think when he gets into a topic he has embraced it can be clever, witty and considered. However anyone telling people not to vote is plain wrong. He has however made some interesting observations over the years I thought he did a fantastic soliloquy on the most recent Israeli/Gaza conflict for example. I will add a caveat that he is well capable of being a prize winning twat too but on balance I like him.

cafecita Thu 18-Dec-14 00:42:27

yanbu

Sparklingbrook Thu 18-Dec-14 00:42:58

I absolutely hate all the threads about hating Russell Brand. We need a topic for him.

FWIW I like him. Anybody said 'he looks like he needs a wash' yet. hmm

Theboodythatrocked Thu 18-Dec-14 00:43:23

He's not that young!

My teens are more mature than him.

He's a twat.

QuinnTwinny Thu 18-Dec-14 00:45:08

I don't think it's a case of 'close minded people' not listening to him. I think it's people who have a relatively decent understanding of politics, economics, society, etc not giving the time of day to someone who is a hypocritical, know nothing (who has to resort to comical comments or blending in to the wall paper when shit gets tough).

Theboodythatrocked Thu 18-Dec-14 00:47:44

Actually he looks clean now! grin

Theboodythatrocked Thu 18-Dec-14 00:49:18

You know it wouldn't surprise me if he did a David Ike one day.

Sparklingbrook Thu 18-Dec-14 00:50:03

Hurrah! grin

QuinnTwinny Thu 18-Dec-14 00:52:14

Now, now, let's not insult David Icke. He had some amazing ideas about lizards...

Theboodythatrocked Thu 18-Dec-14 00:59:13

He did indeed. One day a sports reporter the next day the son of God.

One day a junkie numpty, then a comedian and quite funny and now a foray into politics. It's one small step to everlasting life. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now