Talk

Advanced search

Charity bake sale

(5 Posts)
QuinnTwinny Wed 17-Dec-14 19:48:45

DS has a charity bake sale tomorrow at school. Was baking cupcakes and the oven has stopped working (don't even get me started on what that will mean for Christmas!). I popped to the shops to see if there was anything there and they had boxes of the long life type cupcakes reduced to a pound so I bought a few. AIBU to just shove those in a box and take them in? The use by date was today but they are the long life kind, so surely an extra day wouldn't make a difference? I'm not going to pass them off as my own!

Discopanda Wed 17-Dec-14 20:34:22

I had my first preschool bake sale recently and most mums bought cakes

Dionysuss Wed 17-Dec-14 20:44:48

I would prefer store bought cake tbh. ( snotty noses/unwashed hands/ licking spoon) I always steer DC away from homemade

HeraldAngelSinging Wed 17-Dec-14 20:59:01

Nothing wrong with bought cakes. I agree with Dionysuss anyway about mucky fingers ....

I do hope you will be able to get your cooker mended for Christmas. Any contingency plans? Have you a barbecue and camping fire for the garden?.........

QuinnTwinny Wed 17-Dec-14 21:17:58

It was more the 'sell by' I was worried about (not use by as a previously said), no problem to me but thought I'd ask for opinions.

My neighbours have bought another house in our street for renting out, currently unoccupied. They use it a lot if family visit but have said if I need somewhere to cook on Christmas I can use it. Thank goodness!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now