Talk

Advanced search

to ask what everyone else wears to a works xmas party

(9 Posts)
Missedcall974 Wed 17-Dec-14 17:07:48

I have not been to one in years. I was going to wear jeggings with a nice tunic top. I just do not like dresses or skirts but I don't want to look under dressed either. It is a disco night/meal at a Best Western hotel.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Wed 17-Dec-14 17:11:22

I tend to dress up more than that but for a normal day in the office I'd usually wear a smart dress. I think it's far better to wear something you're confortable in than something overly smart where you feel awkward all night. I certainly don't think you should go buying a new outfit unless you wanted one.

Bulbasaur Wed 17-Dec-14 17:16:33

It depends on where it's being hosted. At the office, I wouldn't bother dressing up for it. Out at a nice hotel lobby that was rented I might dress up a bit and wear a cocktail dress or nice slacks and a smart top. I'd say business casual is a good bar to aim for.

PitchWrapped Wed 17-Dec-14 17:20:59

We have our party at a hotel this year im borrowing a floor length dress. Ill probably be the only one floor length but most women are wearing cocktail or party dresses and men in suits or even heard one might be in a DJ

MrsJossNaylor Wed 17-Dec-14 17:31:25

Depends - for a big night out it'd be heels, tiny dress, eyeliner.
For the event you describe; cocktail dress, heels, hair up. If you don't do dresses, how about skinny cigarette pants with a cami?

Namechangeyetagaintohide Wed 17-Dec-14 17:34:16

Dress and high heels for me. Same kin fog thing that you re going to.

CaulkheadUpNorth Wed 17-Dec-14 17:34:38

I wore a green silk-like dress with a large patten with a cardigan. I wear skirts or dresses every day.

It depends on your build/shape but high waisted jeans/play suit/cigarette pants are an option.

Bunbaker Wed 17-Dec-14 17:38:39

I think jeggings and a tunic is a little under-dressed for an occasion like that.

I wore this top with a pair of black cigarette pants to our Christmas do.

spanieleyes Wed 17-Dec-14 17:51:53

We have agreed on jeans and a posh top!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now