Talk

Advanced search

to think this is mega creepy?

(77 Posts)
ithoughtofitfirst Wed 17-Dec-14 17:00:13

Nearly went so far as to say 'the creepiest thing ever' but, well, it definitely isn't it.

Every car journey for the ithoughtofitfirsts now has running commentary from the back passenger such as "car will crash into daddy's ford. Ford goes upside down and people will say OH NO". That was today's update.

What is this? Does my son have 'the gift' or is he just talking shit?

I read a story online about a mum who went in to say goodnight to her daughter and her daughter replied "goodbye". The mother corrected her "no at nightime we say goodnight" to which her daughter replied "no mummy. This time it's goodbye"

Please tell me this kind of chat is normal.

MrsCosmopifairylight Wed 17-Dec-14 17:13:08

My daughter frequently says things like "You might be dead soon, Mummy". She's nearly 4. I'm an older parent but I'm not quite so ancient that I feel I'll shuffle off my mortal coil in the next week or so.

DoraGora Wed 17-Dec-14 17:45:43

My daughters correct me so often that I'm thinking of patching them directly into my vocal chords.

ithoughtofitfirst Wed 17-Dec-14 17:46:47

shudder

Why would she say that?

Santassleighisreversing Wed 17-Dec-14 17:50:14

Ds2 when little would point at nothing and say "look at that man in the funny clothes" or say "here he is!" while looking at thin air.

Used to creep me right out.

He's 9 and normal ish now.

GREYCROW Wed 17-Dec-14 17:57:38

DD keeps telling me how she had a baby son and family who died in a fire ... Kind of bemuses me now but I have no idea where it came from.

Icimoi Wed 17-Dec-14 18:00:04

I would assume young ithought has seen something about crashes on the news or a TV programme or something and is extrapolating from that.

iwanttogotothechaletschool Wed 17-Dec-14 18:01:39

I get "we're going to crash" in a doom laden voice from the 5year old in the back seat when I'm driving. Kids can be creepy little buggers!

Hurr1cane Wed 17-Dec-14 18:04:56

Oh no. These threads always remind me but I get too creeped out to type the story. Let's see if I can

When DS was about 2, before he got ill and became disabled and when he had very good speech, he used to say 'durdus' and point at nothing.

I assumed it was something from nursery so I asked them, they assumed it was something from home.

So we asked him. Apparently durdus was a man, with long white hair, grey skin, red eyes and long green fingers... And .....

"He's coming mummy, look, flying through the window, he's coming now mummy"

Every time he said that to me I felt sick.

Then one day he started saying 'liplips' and pointing at nothing, the next day they both disappeared without a trace, never to be mentioned again.

Creeped me RIGHT out.

Idontseeanysontarans Wed 17-Dec-14 18:06:29

DS used to talk to a man in his bedroom at night. He described him in a particular way, said he was friendly and looking after the house, and only had one shoe on.
When we bought the house and did it up we had most of the floorboards up to sort the electrics out and found a mans workboot under the floor next to his bedroom. It was a common piece of folk magic at one time - burying something personal under the floor as a protective charm.
We found it before DS was even born!
Kids can indeed be massively creepy!

TrousersRoastingOnAnOpenFire Wed 17-Dec-14 18:10:17

DS (5) was talking about his Grandpa and suddenly came out with "My other Grandpa is not a Grandpa, he is a Grandad. He's invisible, but he is a good guy."

Grandad died 9 years before DS was born, as far as I know no-one has ever told him about the Grandad he never knew.

306235388 Wed 17-Dec-14 18:11:19

Ds aged 3 screamed 'we're all going to die!!!!' As we went over a really high bridge in the train once. There was a lady scared of heights in the seats in front....

Dd talks about when she had a mummy with brown skin and grey hair and horses and she went in the car to school every day.

Dd also describes places as certain colours based on I don't know what but occasionally will say 'why is that house all black mummy ?' To a house which looks, to me, totally normal and decidedly not black. That's a bit freaky .

JennyBlueWren Wed 17-Dec-14 18:13:34

My friend's boy went through a phase (at 3 or 4) of talking about death and dead things and how we might die. They warned us before visiting so I was prepared and actually had a good long chat with him about it.

Lovecat Wed 17-Dec-14 18:15:49

When DD was about 2, after I'd kissed her goodnight and had just turned out the light, she sat bolt upright in bed and said

"Mummy, dark forces are coming"

Freaked me out completely.

Three days later I was tidying up with the tv on in the background and heard an advert for Ben10 say exactly the same thing....

icclemunchy Wed 17-Dec-14 18:16:29

We broke down at the side of the A11 on Friday and a man stopped to check we were ok as we were standing by the side of the road. DD (almost 4) announces "oh great he's coming to kill us" as the poor bloke walks up the road shock

Discopanda Wed 17-Dec-14 18:17:19

My DD talks to the guy who used to own our house and died in it.

MaryWestmacott Wed 17-Dec-14 18:24:07

At 3 I apparently predicted the order in which my 4 grandparents would die.

I was right.

Wassailywassailywassaily Wed 17-Dec-14 18:27:23

DS1 would quite frequently announce that we were going to crash and die horribly. He is 14 now and still very negative but thankfully we have not crashed or died horribly so far. He is convinced that one day he will be proved correct.

easylife73 Wed 17-Dec-14 18:28:35

DS1 announced on Christmas Eve when he was about 4, sat in the bath, very matter of fact, that he wouldn't be here next Christmas because he'd be dead by then. Spent the whole of the next year on red alert until Boxing Day, when we both breathed a massive sigh of relief. Creepy little buggers indeed....

(He's 14 now...)

Blueandwhitelover Wed 17-Dec-14 18:53:06

OOH I've been waiting for a creepy/woo thread. In October we went to Turkey and visited a mosque. We were given some prayer beads. I checked my bag on returning to the hotel but they weren't there. Assumed I had lost them.
On Sunday we visited my Mum's for the first time since returning. The prayer beads were on the table!!!! I shouted to Mum (in a different room) and asked where she got the prayer beads-she genuinely didn't know what I was talking about and said that they hadn't been there when she had laid the table. I am positive it is the same set (discoloured bead on them).
I cannot explain it.

silverandblack Wed 17-Dec-14 19:28:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ithoughtofitfirst Wed 17-Dec-14 19:39:39

Oh God these are creepy. I proper believe in all that stuff too. My friend's ex dp had 'the gift'. He told my mum to ring her brother. Did she 'eck. He died 4 days later.

Oh and a gypsy cursed me in San Sebastian one summer. And my life was completely horrible for about 3 years after. For real.

QuickSilverFairy Wed 17-Dec-14 19:40:34

When my son was four he said to me " I really miss my Mummy" I pointed out that I was standing there with him. My son replied " No, my first Mummy. The Mummy that was runned over by a car and had to go to Heaven". I told him I was the only Mum he had. He looked at me for a long moment and then said " That's Ok, she said you wouldn't understand"

Frusso Wed 17-Dec-14 19:41:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dionysuss Wed 17-Dec-14 19:45:45

Last weekend, after visiting the cemetery with her nan to put some flowers out, DD said to her ' we'll put nice flowers on you ( meaning her grave) when your dead' . She then turned to me and whispers ' we won't really. Because she won't be able to see them any way' and giggled really evilly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now