Talk

Advanced search

to want people to stay off my drive way

(7 Posts)
randycheeseburger Wed 17-Dec-14 15:06:17

I share a drive way with next door, hardly ever see them and they're no bother, over our side I have my car parked, I'm a learner driver so its parked there most of the time only moves if I can go into town with my husband or a quick lesson. 2 wheelie bins and a recycle box.

I went out to put some stuff in my recycle box on Sunday to find a bag of dog shit in it angry now had it been on the pavement I would still be annoyed but I can see some idiot just walking past and chucking it in, but the fact that they walked up my driveway to do it really pissed me off.

So last night I put my box out on the pavement its what everyone does round here because if left on the drive it doesn't get collected, came down this morning to find it back on the drive way again round the corner filled right up with other peoples crap! I wouldn't mind but it was over flowing and some of it wasn't even recyclable so I had to sort through it and put in my bin.

aibu ?

ghostyslovesheep Wed 17-Dec-14 15:13:18

No YANBU

My neighbours regularly dump stuff in my bin on bin day ( think a weeks worth of takeaway cartons from his van etc) and this week they kindly dumped a car battery on my drive on recycling day ...it wasn't recycled and was dumped back on their drive

JennyBlueWren Wed 17-Dec-14 15:25:19

That's awful! I thought you were going to complain about people walking on your driveway or parking and blocking you in, not adding to your rubbish!

If they put non-recyclables in your recycling it will cause you problems or if they overfill your bin.

And grr at dog poo -at least it wasn't left on your drive -I trod in some last night at the top of my driveway in the dark!

HeraldAngelSinging Wed 17-Dec-14 17:28:08

Neighbours use our bins because they rarely have much in them. They always ask first though especially if they've done a lot of pruning and their green bin is full. It's nice round here.

Yesterday, I took in four parcels from various deliverymen for various neighbours. It's like that round here.

fluffyraggies Wed 17-Dec-14 17:42:21

You can get a net that fits over recycling boxes. Thick black mesh thing with elastic round it.

Maybe go on your councils website? It's meant to stop stuff spilling out/blowing away, but i suppose it would stop people dumping their crap in it too.

randycheeseburger Fri 19-Dec-14 07:51:08

oh that's a good idea thanks I will look into that, I had to take it all out and put in a black bag and stand it in the box, its awful here if it gets a bit windy the stuff blows all over the street.
Our neighbors are a moody bunch I put Christmas cards through all the doors near me with our names and what number house and didn't get 1 back.

HappenstanceMarmite Fri 19-Dec-14 09:14:36

How can anyone think this is acceptable behaviour? Let alone one's neighbours FFS?!

<raging on your behalf OP>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now