Talk

Advanced search

Why do people consult Mumsnet over every little thing of their life.

(134 Posts)
Aeroflotgirl Wed 17-Dec-14 14:32:37

How did people get through life before mumsnet! You know that you don't have to consult Mumsnet over every little thing in your life fsmile. Examples include: i told a boy not to hit my ds in softplay AIBU, AIBU to refuse a tradesperson to use my toilet, omg a stranger ruffled my toddlers hair and I am bricking myself!

NotSayingImBatman Wed 17-Dec-14 14:35:39

I know, right?!

There are even people that ask if they are being unreasonable to find it unreasonable that other people ask if they are being unreasonable.

wink

NoArmaniNoPunani Wed 17-Dec-14 14:36:13

While I kind of see your point, you're quite a regular poster yourself, so aren't you doing the same thing you're complaining about?

Asleeponasunbeam Wed 17-Dec-14 14:36:39

Well it's not the same person starting each thread, is it? So people aren't consulting mumsnet over every detail of their lives. Mostly, someone is asking a question about a detail of their life, other people are answering it. On another thread, someone else is asking a question. And so on. That's how it works.

DoraGora Wed 17-Dec-14 14:36:47

I think that's pretty damn unreasonable.

Goingintohibernation Wed 17-Dec-14 14:37:00

I don't know OP, why do they?

bigmouthstrikesagain Wed 17-Dec-14 14:37:34

How did people manage before the telephone or tablet computers? People obviously did 'manage' or spoke to their neighbours more or whatever... erm. Is this op purely mischievous rhetorical or do you need the internet to indulge your musings? grin

DoraGora Wed 17-Dec-14 14:37:47

I once saw someone ask about two details. Nearly broke the whole system.

Highlandbird Wed 17-Dec-14 14:38:47

What is the AIBU here? Some people are lonely and don't have anyone to chat to in real life (me sad), a lot of mn is just idle conversation isn't it really?

Aeroflotgirl Wed 17-Dec-14 14:39:02

Yes they do, no it's not the same, I am having a moan. There was one poster who was really upset as her toddler touched the toilet and posted in AIBU about it.

SantasBassoon Wed 17-Dec-14 14:39:56

YABU. I like mundane threads as much as the unusual ones.

MollyHoHoHoHooper Wed 17-Dec-14 14:40:16

Well we are all very important, you see?

It's important to make sure you are doing things the way important people would.

Aeroflotgirl Wed 17-Dec-14 14:41:10

Highland I have seen posters like that, who have said that they are lonely or feel sad and want someone to talk to in AIBU, that is totally different. Even if I can't help them I post a little something to let them know tgat I like others on here are thinking of them.

bigmouthstrikesagain Wed 17-Dec-14 14:42:27

as you know the interweb has turned everyone into insecure babies with the need to consult the 'hive mind' regularly else they wander around aimlessly bumping into the furniture and burbling about fruitshoots... it is really very sad. Something should probably be done about it.

VitalStollenFix Wed 17-Dec-14 14:42:42

People just want to chat. What they pick is almost irrelevant in a way. It's just about interacting.
We're all only here because we want to interact with people.

Altinkum Wed 17-Dec-14 14:43:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

skylark2 Wed 17-Dec-14 14:44:40

Oh, but you do have to consult Mumsnet on every aspect of your life.

You also have to have a Facebook account, dislike netmums (I don't think other websites are considered to exist) oh and namechange every ten minutes on the offchance that, shock horror, someone might realise who you are in real life and discover that your DS doesn't like sausages or whatever. While making absolutely sure that everyone knows you're one of the regular clique. Can't be treating new posters the same as regulars, you know.

This is a very bizarre website. Kinda addictive, but really very odd.

DoraGora Wed 17-Dec-14 14:44:56

I'm hanging out for the secret of turning base metals into gold. How about you, OP.

Aeroflotgirl Wed 17-Dec-14 14:46:30

This thread is meant to be lughthearted does everybody have to find offence in everything!

Fallingovercliffs Wed 17-Dec-14 14:47:33

I love when people post about small things that really bug me too. It's often more interesting than the threads about major stuff.

silveroldie2 Wed 17-Dec-14 14:48:26

YES! YES! YES! There are far too many threads about insignificant minutiae in peoples' lives - YADNBU OP.

Aeroflotgirl Wed 17-Dec-14 14:48:39

And the point of this thread is......... YES IABVVVU fgrin I will moan in chat then, Mabey their humour is still there.

Aeroflotgirl Wed 17-Dec-14 14:52:13

Altinkum Mabey I want to chat and I am loney, you are doing exactly what you have said I am doing!

Aeroflotgirl Wed 17-Dec-14 14:56:35

Thanks silver it does seem as though people do not trust their judgements.

Altinkum Wed 17-Dec-14 14:58:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now