Talk

Advanced search

to think its rude to set your alarms if your not going to get up?

(61 Posts)
AlwaysLurking38 Wed 17-Dec-14 08:20:56

Every single day ( apart from weekends ) someone I live with sets their alarms at 7:00am and they go off constantly till 7:45am till they get up!!! Why do it? If your not getting up till 7:45, fair enough set them at 7:30 l. But 45 minutes of alarms constantly going off?

It makes me so so angry. I think its incredibly rude and selfish!!! Why do it?

Rude gits!

Bunbaker Wed 17-Dec-14 08:21:48

Have you asked them why they do it?

Only1scoop Wed 17-Dec-14 08:22:07

Yanbu....

Ask them to sort it.

AlwaysLurking38 Wed 17-Dec-14 08:26:08

Their reason is they need time to wake up properly confused

CaulkheadUpNorth Wed 17-Dec-14 08:28:29

I'm assuming you're my housemate.

It's so I can wake up slowly. I can't just jump out of bed when it goes off as I'm drowsy from medication. i was the same pre meds too

AlwaysLurking38 Wed 17-Dec-14 08:33:11

No, definetly not your housemate. The rude alarm setter is my DP and he isn't on any medication. He's just a rude git.

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Wed 17-Dec-14 08:33:44

I like having time to come around too, but in that case I'd probably set it for 7 and again for 7.40 (or something), rather than it keep going off. (Although I don't actually need a second alarm - I get up then hop back in bed with a hot drink).

Or perhaps they should go to bed earlier, so they don't fall back to sleep after the alarm's gone off.

They do know you can hear it?

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Wed 17-Dec-14 08:35:44

Ah sorry, I was guessing housemate too. Yes, more annoying when you share a bed!

Hmm, set yours for half six grin Or talk to him constantly after 7, because he must be awake...

AlwaysLurking38 Wed 17-Dec-14 08:37:57

In my OP I said someone because he sometimes comes on here and I didn't want him to know I was bitching lol . But DP if your reading this I think your a rude git!

Doesn't help I'm 37 weeks pregnant and struggling to get a decent nights sleep as it is. I'm very grumpy lately

Only1scoop Wed 17-Dec-14 08:38:16

I had an ex who used to do this. So selfish.

oswellkettleblack Wed 17-Dec-14 08:39:39

I had an ex who did this. Had. Ex.

NoArmaniNoPunani Wed 17-Dec-14 08:40:51

Why doesn't he use the snooze facility? Having an alarm going off for 45 minutes is not a relaxing way to wake up

emmaray90 Wed 17-Dec-14 08:42:06

My dh husband does this hmm im 40 weeks pregnant with no.2 so definitely a bit grumpy when his alarm goes off at 5.55 and I still have to wake him up at 7am, must be a man thing.

KarenHillavoidJimmyswarehouse Wed 17-Dec-14 08:44:11

I do this blush

6.30am to warn me it's wake up time.
6.40am actual wake up time
6.50am is GET UP NOW! EVERYTHING IS GOING TO GO WRONG IF YOU STAY IN BED A SECOND LONGER.

Having said that, my husband is not a morning person so he benefits too. Not sure what I'd do if he said it bothered him me doing that. I thought everybody did it - had their warning alarm and their actual alarm(s)?

eltsihT Wed 17-Dec-14 08:47:18

My dh does this too. And then complains me staying in bed makes it hard for him to get up.

But I go back to work next year, and need to leave before he does so will take full control of the alarm clock. I can't wait

SwingingBalls Wed 17-Dec-14 08:48:00

Dh doesn't do this but he automatically sets it for the next day which is usually fine except when it's a Friday. The number of times we've been woken up on a Saturday at 6.30 when there's no need to get up is bloody infuriating. Dh rolls over and goes back to sleep leaving me wide awake and fuming angry

TooHasty Wed 17-Dec-14 08:51:29

YABU 7 o clock is hardly early

CakeAndWineAreAFoodGroup Wed 17-Dec-14 08:52:09

My ex was like this. He would keep "snoozing" his alarm and then have to race around having left it to the last minute.

I always preferred to get up the second I heard my alarm so I couldn't go back to sleep - and straight in the shower. That woke me up properly. Daughter is the same, alarm 7 am and I hear she's in the shower 7.01 am.

Now I work from home I don't need an alarm grin

Songofsixpence Wed 17-Dec-14 08:52:22

My DH does this and it pissed me off.

I don't mind during the week as we all get up together, but on Sunday mornings he's a football coach for a local kids team.

He sets the alarm for 7:30 but makes full use of the snooze button and gets up about 8:30. Every 7 minutes the bloody alarm goes off, waking everyone else in the house. It's Sunday! I want a lie in! The worst thing, we're all wide awake after the 2nd alarm while the bastard is still snoring away

TheBatteriesHaveRunOut Wed 17-Dec-14 08:52:42

switch off his alarm when you get up for your 1am wee
double check at your 2am, 3am, 4am, 5am and 6am wees

It's really inconsiderate of him but rest assured, once the baby arrives he will be kissing goodbye any chance of lying in as late as 7am.

KarenHillavoidJimmyswarehouse Wed 17-Dec-14 08:53:39

SwingingBalls
Dh doesn't do this but he automatically sets it for the next day which is usually fine except when it's a Friday. The number of times we've been woken up on a Saturday at 6.30 when there's no need to get up is bloody infuriating

I do this too blush I think I'm the odd one out on this thread.

I LOVE getting up early at the weekend. Somehow I bolt out of bed instead of my usual mid-week cocoon. I go downstairs, start the washing machine, the dishwasher etc, have some breakfast, read some articles I've saved during the week or my magazines or books and just enjoy some lovely peaceful time. Everyone else usually gets up around 8 and destroys my peace and normal noisy life resumes. As I said up thread, waking my husband is like waking the dead so I assume it doesn't bother him.

petalsandstars Wed 17-Dec-14 09:03:43

grin batteries switch it off here too. DO used to do this - he doesn't now -not worth the row it caused blush

Still doesn't get out of bed each time though - moves ever so quick when I tell him he's due at work in 15 mins

NellysKnickers Wed 17-Dec-14 09:08:23

DH does this. Fucks me off but I used to do it too pre dc. They are now my alarm clock, he has to get up really early for work. I get my revenge when he's having a lie in.

munchkinmaster Wed 17-Dec-14 09:12:05

My dh does this as he loves the feeling of getting to shut his eyes for another 10 mins.

I also used to have a roommate (roommate - how last century is that) who set the alarm fully intending to go to her lecture every day and, you guessed it, never did.

I should have killed her and that might have acted as a deterrent to dh! Hanging is too good for 'em!

DollyMcDolly Wed 17-Dec-14 09:12:49

If my DH did this, he would be sleeping in a different room

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now