Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU or is dh

(132 Posts)
ineedsomeinspiration Tue 16-Dec-14 22:23:32

I have spent the best part of two hours attempting to decorate ds a third birthday cake. He requested a sweetie train cake which I have tried my best to do.
Now I will confess it does look a bit like a boat and not exactly professional but a lot of love went in to it.
DH laughed at it and said it was shit and ds will probably say its rubbish.
Now I'm right pissed off with him. He thinks I'm being over sensitive. Aibu or is he?

Quiero Tue 16-Dec-14 22:25:01

We need a picture

Bluestocking Tue 16-Dec-14 22:25:07

He's being a git. Your DS will love it because (a) he's three and (b) his lovely mummy made it for him. Tell your not-so-D H to stop being such a joy-destroying mood hoover.

NaiceNickname Tue 16-Dec-14 22:25:24

Invite him to do better. And don't give him any. I'm sure DS will love the cake smile

Quiero Tue 16-Dec-14 22:25:51

But on face value, your husband sounds like a cock.

TracyBarlow Tue 16-Dec-14 22:26:26

I look forward to seeing a pic of your DH's effort. I'm sure he'll enjoy staying up till the small hours to complete it.

sooperdooper Tue 16-Dec-14 22:26:37

Your DH is a git, your DS will love it, he's 3! Can we have a pic?

GristletoeAndWhine Tue 16-Dec-14 22:26:40

He is of course. Pointedly make yourself a cup of whatever and flounce off to bed in a sulk if you are as mature as me.

pregnantpause Tue 16-Dec-14 22:27:22

He ibu. And insensitive. I made my dd a barbie cake- it looked like a head on a purple turd. We spent a good half hour giggling at the photos the day after her birthday. On the day everyone complimented it and dd was proud and happy and still talks about it nearly a year later

CaptainAnkles Tue 16-Dec-14 22:27:37

That's really twattish of him. What happens if your DS makes a mistake whilst reading or trips over something, does he point and laugh?

ineedsomeinspiration Tue 16-Dec-14 22:27:49

I'm on my mobile so can't do a picture, plus I'm a bit embarrassed.

itiswhatitiswhatitis Tue 16-Dec-14 22:28:18

Yeah a picture would help. He is no doubt an arse but a picture would help to assess how much of one he is!

Bluestocking Tue 16-Dec-14 22:29:25

Don't be embarrassed. Slightly wonky, amateurish birthday cakes are a precious part of childhood. How dull it would be if everyone had an identical, perfect Jane Asher Party Cake for their birthday.

dwarfrabbit Tue 16-Dec-14 22:31:01

if he's as handsome as Paul Hollywood, then yabu. If not, he's a dick.

Quiero Tue 16-Dec-14 22:32:55

I've made some absolute shockers over the years and the kids have never complained. Don't be embarrassed, it's not an easy thing to do.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Tue 16-Dec-14 22:35:41

Ive decorated dd a dolls house for her birthday on Friday - am over the frigging moon with it. Showed my dad today who said "you arent very good at cutting in are you?" 《rage》

Thankfully dh was positive, but if you decide to send your DH to Coventry let me know and I will get my dad to keep him company.

StainlessSteelCat Tue 16-Dec-14 22:36:31

My 3yo DS wanted a dinosaur cake. A red dinosaur cake. He wouldn't be persuaded into anything else. I love making birthday cakes, so made him a red dinosaur cake. In the right frame of mind, it kind of looked liek a welsh dragon. I decided it was close enough, and anyway I had run out of red icing, icing sugar, butter and red food dye. We admired the red dragon and then it's head fell off. I somehow bodged it back together, and then the cat sat on it. So I opened the wine.
DS loved it. He talked about it for weeks. We told him it was a dinosaur, so it was a dinosaur. Your DS will love yours even more - it has sweets on it!

ineedsomeinspiration Tue 16-Dec-14 22:38:43

Ok here it is, anyone else want to share theirs make me feel a bit better?

mummytime Tue 16-Dec-14 22:40:05

My best worst one was the one I forgot to add baking powder to, it came out like a biscuit.
I mainly do shop bought nowadays (but even that is tricky; dc1 doesn't like Lemon cake, dc2 doesn't like carrot cake and dc3 doesn't like chocolate, all three are fussy about icing, no-one likes fruit cake - except me and DH).

If he is going to laugh its his job from now on. Your DC will love whatever you do.

loveableshoulder Tue 16-Dec-14 22:40:50

There is NOTHING shit about that cake!

Oppugno Tue 16-Dec-14 22:41:02

I don't know what your DH was looking at but I think that it's bloody brilliant smile

Summerbreezer Tue 16-Dec-14 22:41:24

That is awesome! Your DS will love it! I would be very happy to get a cake like that.

NewUserrr Tue 16-Dec-14 22:41:34

That's adorable!

ThatWasThat Tue 16-Dec-14 22:41:53

Yours is absolutely brilliant. He'll love it

Quiero Tue 16-Dec-14 22:42:29

It's brilliant, tell DH to fuck right off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now