Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to not want other peoples shit dumped outside my house?

(19 Posts)
itsaloadarubbish Tue 16-Dec-14 17:20:38

So, the saga so far is this.......

About three weeks ago I notice a large tub of poorly mixed refuse outside my NDNs house and the house next to theirs, half way between them. It had clearly been dumped there by bastards unknown.

A few days later, just before my recycling day, some fucker has moved the tub to right outside my house with my recycling tubs. Obviously it was left by the refuse collectors as it wasn't recyclable (is that the right word?)

So I moved it back to where it was. It was then moved back outside my house AGAIN tonight so I have moved it back to where it originally was, with a note saying "Please do not dump your shit outsise my house."

Next thing you know, NDN appears spitting feathers, going on about the swearing in my note - I did say please though didn't I? - and saying it's my rubbish and he doesn't want it outside his house.

I pointed out that it was not mine, was clearly not the sort of thing I recycle and actually was mixed rubbish. ALso that it was originally outside his house.

He contined to rant whilst I said I appreciated he was unhappy, but I didn't think it was fair to just "move the problem on" so to speak.

He has goe storming off.

I cannot see from my window whether he has left the rubbish there or not - do I need to go and look and report back?

Just so as not to drip feed, although we are NDN, we live in different local authorities, so his refuse collectors are not mine IYSWIM?

AIBU to not want this crap festering outside my house forever?

familymember Tue 16-Dec-14 17:33:35

Annoying, also lazy and cheeky of ndn. Yanbu to be irritated, but a sweary note doesn't help.

Can you bag it up between you and bin it, or call either LA to have it removed?

We used to have a passageway to our back garden and once found a load of rubbish bags dumped down there. When I went through them, they clearly belonged to my neighbour (my friend angry)

itsaloadarubbish Tue 16-Dec-14 17:53:59

Thanks family

Well there has been an alarming real time update. NDN put a note through my door saying I have been through the rubbish and "THE SHIT" belongs to (NDN other side of me) It shouldn't be outside our house, we don't even live in "Rubbishtown".

So, me being me, I thought I would try to lighten things up a bit. I wrote them back a note saying "Excellent detective work, glad it's sorted, they were very naughty to leave it outside your house. Cheers, "itsaloadarubbish"

So I go to pop note through, and there's three more tubs of shite now outside my house!!!!!!! So in the intervening hour some bastard has dumped another three loads of crap!!!!

I actually don't belive it was NDN 1 although it would be a much better thread if it were him. I now suspect NDN 2.

So what do I do now?

itsaloadarubbish Tue 16-Dec-14 17:54:45

By the way, NDN is about 40 and spends half his life in the village pub so his claims to be offended by the word shit do not wash.

IrishBloodEnglishHeart Tue 16-Dec-14 17:59:11

NDN1 is fucking with your head. He's a drama llama and he's got you right where he wants you. I would put another note through his door saying "Oy pisshead, move your fucking rubbish off my doorstep or I'll shit on yours"

itsaloadarubbish Tue 16-Dec-14 17:59:56

I think I love you Irish

IrishBloodEnglishHeart Tue 16-Dec-14 18:02:35

Why thank you. I love a good sweary row with the neighbours, 'specially at Christmas. It's in my DNA.

durhamgirl Tue 16-Dec-14 18:07:49

Phone the council and report as flytipping - ours goes through the rubbish to look for incriminating evidence. Hopefully they'll find ndn bank statement in amongst it....

itsaloadarubbish Tue 16-Dec-14 18:16:08

The thing is, the original tub has disappeared. I reckon NDN1 has dumped it back at NDN2, possibly with a PA but non sweary note, which NDN2 will probably think is from me {wrings hands}

The new stuff is at least proper recycling but the binmen will think there are 769 people living here as there is now a mountain of tubs 7 outside my door.

Do you think I should go and speak to NDN2?

I am not sure, as an aside, NDN2 house is cursed.

Minisoksmakehardwork Tue 16-Dec-14 18:44:59

Honestly, ring and report it as fly tipping. Will save you having a 'shit-gate' on your hands and bad feeling brewing between neighbours. As pp says, if there is anything in there which will incriminate, it will be found and used.

itsaloadarubbish Tue 16-Dec-14 19:02:03

But I don't know where it is now wails

NDN2 house the cursed one is split into two flats.

I got very brave and went and knocked on the door to explain that NDN1 is nothing to do with me. Anyway, nobody home in downstairs cursed flat despite me having heard them a few minutes before. So in the time it took me to scoff a chilli chicken pizza, they had gone out (possibly to dispose of THE SHIT?)

I did get to speak to lovely NDN2 in upstairs flat who seemed genuinely perplexed and confused. He did get what I was saying though and said he will tell NDN2 downstairs when they get back. I will try to stalk NDN downstairs for the next few days and pounce on them asap just case NDN 1 has been all shouty with them or left them a nasty note.

So get this, it's recylcing day tomorrow and there was not a single recycling tub in NDN2 garden, not for either flat!!! So where on earth the original tub of shite has gone is anyone's guess.

If it happens again I will try calling the council but to be honest I have more chance of winning the lottery than getting them to take any action.

I don't care about falling out with NDN1 as they complained when we had our loft converted.

JoanHickson Tue 16-Dec-14 19:08:49

Neighbours are playing mind games. Move the SHIP report to the council and stop with the knocking on doors and letters.

itsaloadarubbish Tue 16-Dec-14 19:11:57

But there's nothing to report now - the original offending tub of shit has miraculously disappeared! Unless I complain about the actual recycling that has been put outside my house by persons unknown?

I can assure you the council won't care about that.

I think I need to go for a lie down. I chose the wrong week to give up drinking sad

itsaloadarubbish Tue 16-Dec-14 19:14:58

I have just realised - you are a proper detective JoanHickson!! Used to pottering around sleepy villages and solving dastardly crimes such as this.

I will shut up and listen to what you have said <<respectful nod>>

JoanHickson Tue 16-Dec-14 19:15:32

Move recycling back to its owners and have a lie down. I wonder where the shit went?

IrishBloodEnglishHeart Tue 16-Dec-14 22:21:12

I love Joan Hickson but I really hope Margaret Rutherford turns up on this thread.

itsaloadarubbish Wed 17-Dec-14 06:54:32

I have to leave for Uni before the recycling men come - I will report back this afternoon. Hopefully there will be a total absence of shit.

itsaloadarubbish Wed 17-Dec-14 14:10:32

Recycling men have left some of the stuff ( as it isn't recyclabubble, fair enough)

So, instead of writing any shitty notes I have sent a fairly sensible email to the local council explaining the sitch and asking for their advice. How terribly grown up of me. I will report back if anything else happens but I really hope it doesn't.

Obviously if Angela Lansbury rocks up I will let you all know. DS has started to refer to himself a Captain Hastings but he has a flair for drama.

8 sleeps til Santa!!

Johnogroats Wed 17-Dec-14 14:21:25

Good luck!

I had an interesting erm, discussion, with one of the bin men when he chucked a load of glass recyclables all over the road. He walked off and left it. To cut a long story short, I had words and he then attempted to pick it up. Hopeless. I gave him brush and dustpan and inspected it. I was furious. Council are hopeless...no brushes in the lorries.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now