Talk

Advanced search

To think she was unreasonable and rude

(8 Posts)
Meemoll Tue 16-Dec-14 12:28:44

Just got back from my daughter's lovely preschool nativity. It was great. At the end we all had to collect our children from the front, it was a bit of a crazy rush to get to the front and people were all keen to get to their own kids. There was a mum in the queue with a tiny baby who announced very loudly, 'can everyone stop pushing.. we are all mums by the way' in a really stroppy voice and then shoved her way right to the front with her little baby. WTF?? If she was so anxious about her baby why didn't she wait until the queue had got shorter.

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Tue 16-Dec-14 12:45:42

You should see what goes on at the dinosaur exhibition in the Natural History Museum. DD persuaded me to hang about after we'd been through in case a fight broke out.

greenbananas Tue 16-Dec-14 12:49:11

Maybe she had a difficult birth, hormones going crazy etc. Maybe someone had just trod on her toe or knocked her baby in the crush. It does sound a bit rude, but these things happen, we all have moments we are not proud of. Just let it go, it's not worth worrying about.

WhirlyTwirlySnowflakes Tue 16-Dec-14 12:53:15

Maybe she got hurt?

If the baby is tiny she might have stitches or a section scar.

hoppus Tue 16-Dec-14 12:54:35

Why was there a mad rush to the front? I've never been to a nativity so I don't know, do the children evaporate if you're not quick enough?

If she had a tiny baby and everyone was shoving her I don't blame her for barging past.

Fudgeface123 Tue 16-Dec-14 12:54:36

It didn't do you any harm did it, chill out, it's Christmas!!! grin

GlitzAndGigglesx Tue 16-Dec-14 12:57:38

This is why I wait for mad rushes to calm down even if I'm alone. You're gonna get your kid eventually. Same when people barge to get on buses

HouseBaelish Tue 16-Dec-14 13:02:50

I don't get the rush - you're going to get your child back, that's what tends to happen grin

I suspect if she has a very tiny baby she was feeling pretty vulnerable in a large shovy crowd

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now