Talk

Advanced search

Was my cat being unreasonable?

(79 Posts)
ACardiganForCat Mon 15-Dec-14 17:05:09

While I was out earlier, someone tried to deliver a parcel but had to leave a card and return the parcel to the post office. When putting the card through the door I think the cat must have nipped the delivery driver as there was a second card which just read 'Your pet bled my finger'. Cat was inside and letterbox is at waist height. Are they going to sue my ass? WMCBU?

RoadRunner123 Mon 15-Dec-14 17:08:30

Returning the parcel to the post office is so annoying. It would be purrfectly safe in the porch. Cat clearly tried to explain. What was it about that the postman didn't understand?

YCWNBU

LiviaDruscillaAugusta Mon 15-Dec-14 17:09:30

Cats are NEVER unreasonable! The postman was BvvvvvU! grin

youbethemummylion Mon 15-Dec-14 17:11:02

It is a cat and therefore never unreasonable

silveroldie2 Mon 15-Dec-14 17:11:54

Your cat is a hero - the postman could have been a burglar.

SaucyJack Mon 15-Dec-14 17:13:58

Your poor cat was probably concerned you'd ordered it another dreadful cardigan.

YA(obviously)BU.

TheLostPelvicFloorOfPoosh Mon 15-Dec-14 17:15:32

Did the cat leap up to the letterbox at the first sign of finger?

If aforementioned finger was wearing a festive fingermouse costume then the cat WNBU. Fingers can get up to all sorts this time of year.

Though I am picturing your cat standing over a finger laid out on a table with some leeches.

SantasBassoon Mon 15-Dec-14 17:16:24

YCWNBU. It was a mistake. The cat thought the postman had an imbalance in his humours so performed some necessary bloodletting. Or it thought the postman was a radiator.

The cat is blameless.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 15-Dec-14 17:19:27

Cat wasnt been unreasonable.

However Royal Mail may stop delivering to your address. In which case cat may not be in your good books.

Andrewofgg Mon 15-Dec-14 17:22:25

The cat was right. By definition. And you know it.

NeedaDiscoNap Mon 15-Dec-14 17:24:30

My cats do this all the time!

They know they are superior beings, and therefore can do whatever they like. So what if one human minion was injured?

ithoughtofitfirst Mon 15-Dec-14 17:24:55

Are you guys joking? What a little bastard.

YCWBVU.

Fiftyplusmum Mon 15-Dec-14 17:27:14

Cat may be innocent. Maybe the letterbox flap caught driver's finger.

Also most experienced deliverers know not to put their fingers through in case of dogs!

The correct thing is to curl all the cards etc together and shove them through by pushing hard from outside so they arrive bent.

CakeAndWineAreAFoodGroup Mon 15-Dec-14 17:27:55

How far had the delivery guy put his hand through for the cat to attack it?

YCWNBU. Her domain was being infiltrated by A Strange Finger.

OTheHugeManatee Mon 15-Dec-14 17:32:22

YCWNBU. Cats are never U.

BadtzMaru Mon 15-Dec-14 17:55:10

"Your pet bled my finger" fgrin

For some reason I am highly amused by the wording of this.

Hatespiders Mon 15-Dec-14 17:59:31

Any Strange Finger infiltrating a domain is likely to incur being nibbled at some stage.

What an odd verb to choose - 'bled' my finger!

Your cat is absolutely within his/her rights. Our three would have probably weed copiously on the postman from outside the house. They often wait in the porch for him to arrive and wind round his legs. What he doesn't know is they're Norfolk Weeing Champions and are aiming for National Standard. He'll have very stinky trousers one of these days.

Fiftyplusmum Mon 15-Dec-14 18:03:47

I think the phrasing is probably because English is probably not the courier's first language.

Is the cat sitting on doormat waiting for more prey?

silveroldie2 Mon 15-Dec-14 18:08:24

I hope the OP hasn't responded because she is busy buying her hero cat prawns/crab/lobster/food of choice.

Fiftyplusmum Mon 15-Dec-14 18:11:23

oops at my two probablies

Pointlessfan Mon 15-Dec-14 18:13:23

I just asked my cat what he thought. The look he gave me said I was unreasonable for disturbing him when he had important sitting to do!

moxon Mon 15-Dec-14 18:20:40

Cats are never unreasonable.

moxon Mon 15-Dec-14 18:22:23

Oh wow. A gazillion xposts.
I think that answers your question, OP fgrin

ACardiganForCat Mon 15-Dec-14 18:29:00

I genuinely expected to be flamed for having a vicious cat! I will sit him down and give him a serious talk about his actions. Surely postman training includes a section on avoiding being mauled by dogs, I expect he could apply this knowledge to my moggy.

Carrierpenguin Mon 15-Dec-14 18:34:36

Ycwnbu. The postman didn't need to stick his finger through the letterbox surely? Just open letterbox, post card and go.

His fingers were trespassing onto your cats territory and that's why guard cat took a chunk of finger. Next time he'll take the hand wink you can tell the postie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now