Talk

Advanced search

Should I be concerned about "hush mail"

(26 Posts)
Crockershite Mon 15-Dec-14 13:21:02

I've found an email address on dh phone.
Can't log in as password can't be recovered. I'm going to try and guess, but it's unlikely I think.
I know I could ask him but

Crockershite Mon 15-Dec-14 13:21:53

Sent too soon, sorry.
What is it anyway?

PulpsNotFiction Mon 15-Dec-14 13:24:02

Hush is a very naice online retailer.

Maybe he got your Xmas pressies from there?

Sprink Mon 15-Dec-14 13:26:43

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hushmail

Crockershite Mon 15-Dec-14 13:26:56

Thanks pulp
I very much doubt it, he can never keep gifts a secret!
Hushmail.com Is what I found. I will google again.

MillionToOneChances Mon 15-Dec-14 13:27:08

Hushmail is a private, paid for email service. I'd be a bit hmm about secret email addresses in general and paid-for secret email addresses in particular.

isittheweekendyet Mon 15-Dec-14 13:27:29

I think you mean hushmail? It's a private email account which gives ad-free email accounts with unlimited aliases for an annual fee.

There are two possible things.

1. Hush is a clothing store that lots of mumsnetters on S&B love.So he may have got you a nice pressie from there

2. Hush is also the name of a nice restaurant/eaterie in Mayfair (I think that's where it is) and he may be taking you for a nice meal?

Don't panic!

Crockershite Mon 15-Dec-14 13:29:08

Thank sprink.
I did Google first, I was wondering about people's experience of it, hoping I need not be worried and not have to face asking him.

isittheweekendyet Mon 15-Dec-14 13:29:53

Hushmail.com is definitely not a shop or a restaurant. I too would want to know why my dh needed this account.

Ooh,I didn't know there was a private paid for email serviceblush

MillionToOneChances Mon 15-Dec-14 13:30:23

Not necessarily paid for: https://www.hushmail.com/services/hushmail/

Crockershite Mon 15-Dec-14 13:31:26

Millions , yes it's an email, hush mail.com...... Saved under " nobody!"

26Point2Miles Mon 15-Dec-14 13:36:06

Sounds a bit suspicious to me... Does he have problems with his regular email?

Charlullaby Mon 15-Dec-14 13:36:26

I signed up to hushmail before, you have to keep logging in each week otherwise the account gets frozen.

Crockershite Mon 15-Dec-14 13:42:22

Thanks Char

PulpsNotFiction Mon 15-Dec-14 13:44:41

Oops sorry, didn't realise it was an email provider. Hope you get to the bottom of it.

MillionToOneChances Mon 15-Dec-14 13:47:17

Nobody? Hmm. Incoming, then?

BippityBoppity Mon 15-Dec-14 13:47:53

I had one so I could keep signing up for free trials that were linked to my email address. Could be something like that?

Crockershite Mon 15-Dec-14 13:51:31

No idea bip
Things are difficult atm I wouldn't put something secret past him, but it's Christmas I don't want to stir up trouble for the dc.

raltheraffe Mon 15-Dec-14 13:57:00

I have a hushmail account and keep files on mega.co.nz as they are kept in an encrypted format. My emails and files are actually quite boring and certainly not a security issue. However it annoys me that emails in my gmail account are read by some Government algorithm to see if I am a threat to anyone.
I also use Tor browser.
I am not paranoid, I have done nothing wrong so I have nothing to fear. It is the same principle as I would be pissed off if the postie opened my letters and read them. Just pisses me off people snooping through my stuff.

SparkleZilla Mon 15-Dec-14 14:25:32

"However it annoys me that emails in my gmail account are read by some Government algorithm to see if I am a threat to anyone" I dont give a flying fig if an algorythm looks at my mail - make no difference to me

raltheraffe Mon 15-Dec-14 14:36:21

Just annoys me. I do not have anything to hide but do not like the idea a big computer somewhere analyses my emails like that. It is none of their bloody business.

Number3cometome Mon 15-Dec-14 14:37:06

Question - Why were you looking through his phone?

Surely that is the issue here.

Crockershite Mon 15-Dec-14 14:53:20

Number
No issues he sync'ed both iPhones together by mistake, it's taken me ages to sort, I found it when deleting his info.!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now