Talk

Advanced search

To wish static hair would FUCK OFF FOREVER!

(14 Posts)
MalcolmTuckersMistress Mon 15-Dec-14 12:58:34

I'm not blessed with beautiful thick flowing locks. I have shitty thin shit hair so in the winter whenever I even touch it with my finger half of what's there immediately goings to my face and the other half just stands upright, inviting me to be killed by lightening.

Nothing makes it better unless I put so much product in it I look like a grease monkey.

AIBU to wish it would fuck off?

MalcolmTuckersMistress Mon 15-Dec-14 12:59:59

Goings = clings btw. Fucking iPad dickhead bastard twat.

BuzzardBirdRoast Mon 15-Dec-14 13:03:12

Have you tried a silk pillowcase? Have you tried non-sulphate shampoo and cond? Also drying your hair with a cold setting with an ion switcg hairdryer?

LesleyKnopeFan Mon 15-Dec-14 13:09:59

I feel your pain.

I use Aussie Mega range. I always rinse, rinse and rinse my hair some more after conditioning, I've got an ionic hairdryer and never dry to the point of bone-dry and for flyaways, I use a teeny bit of hand cream, rub in my hands first, then smooth over the remainder on lower part of hair.

I've got a brush for static hair and I never over-brush, just once or twice per day. I don't use any products specifically for static, I find they make it worse or don't work anyway.

Never visit a shopping centre, have heating on, wear a hat or any kind of nylon and no rubber-soled shoes

Good luck!

Storytown Mon 15-Dec-14 13:13:20

I suffered like that for years but now have a very short almost pixie cut and my hair looks thick and healthy for the first time ever.

Tis the way to go.

MalcolmTuckersMistress Mon 15-Dec-14 15:31:51

My hair is just so thin that I can't use conditioner as it makes it look so thin and limp.

I'm going to go for a skinhead.

Or wear my bra on my head.

Or a turkey like Joey from Friends.

MalcolmTuckersMistress Mon 15-Dec-14 15:33:31

And I'm too fat and old for a pixie cut!

Storytown Mon 15-Dec-14 15:37:44

I'm sure the turkey was on Monica's head grin

HappenstanceMarmite Mon 15-Dec-14 15:42:07

Hairspray is your friend.

chocolateyy Mon 15-Dec-14 20:51:28

Have you tried running a Tumble Dryer sheet over your hair? A friend told me & I was really dubious, but thought well if it works for my smalls...

Worked for me.

IMurderedStampyLongnose Mon 15-Dec-14 21:57:34

I have this too except it my entire body!my clothes stick to me and I crackle as I walk.Tis very odd.

2minsofyourtime Mon 15-Dec-14 22:06:13

Try dry shampoo it makes it heaver do less likely to go up

drbonnieblossman Mon 15-Dec-14 22:11:40

I have this problem too, but only during winter. My hair looks like I've modelled it on the Doc in "Back to the Future". Tis grim.

PulpsNotFiction Mon 15-Dec-14 22:40:03

Spray hairspray directly onto your hairbrush before brushing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now