Talk

Advanced search

I know IABU but can't help feeling a bit upset for DD (nativity play)

(5 Posts)
DataColour Mon 15-Dec-14 11:32:01

I've got awful PMS at the moment, so I'm emotional and teary about everything today, so I need some perspective on this. I know I am being unreasonable and I'm totally fine with being told so.

Just back from DD's reception nativity and I couldn't even see her during the performance. She was sat under the piano right next to a wheelchair at the edge of the hall. I highly doubt she saw any of the play either as her view seemed to have been completely obscured by the wheelchair next to her.
When I went to her after the play she didn't seem happy at all although wasn't crying and I said how wonderful her singing was etc but I could see that she hadn't had a good time and wouldn't say anything.

I know that not every child can have a starring role and there where 120 children there (reception plus nursery), and tbh these things totally happen and the teachers are doing the best they can, but I couldn't help feeling sorry for DD for having had a not so lovely time at her christmas play when she was so looking forward to it?

twinkletoedelephant Mon 15-Dec-14 11:53:33

They sat DS under the piano last year .... His little hand kept coming up plonking all the keys grin and he nearly knocked out a little girl with very enthusiastic elbow movement to we WISH you a Merry Christmas

Ours have 90 children in at some point every one will have a turn standing on the stage saying a line or doing somthing - did your dd not get a go on stage?? Is there only 1 show our school has 3 shows on different days

BoomBoomsCousin Mon 15-Dec-14 11:54:45

I couldn't see one of mine either. She was in the chorus, but it was in a Church without a stage and we were five pews back so she was hidden by all the parents in front of me and all the children in front of her. She still had a blast and I told her how brilliant she was.

It's a bit of a shame. It would have been noce to see her belting carols out with all her might and grinning like a cheshire cat. But it isn't really the point of the whole exercise.

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Mon 15-Dec-14 11:56:45

I'm sure she's seen enough of the play in rehearsals.

Yabu I'm afraid.

SamCroClaus Mon 15-Dec-14 11:58:25

so there was an empty wheelchair in her what??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now