Talk

Advanced search

more of a wibu, mil and short answers

(8 Posts)
Anydrinkwilldo Mon 15-Dec-14 11:17:24

Sils have had a falling out and the whole family is involved. I'm kind of half involved on the side of sil1 who is getting married. I didn't involve myself but was brought into it. Sil2 has thrown a strop and won't talk to anyone now. Mil is very obviously laying part blame at my door and is barely speaking to me. Wibu to go talk to her and put my side across or just leave her to deal with the bigger issue of leaving her to deal with the fact her daughters aren't talking over Christmas and deal with it then?

Bowlersarm Mon 15-Dec-14 11:19:20

I'd be tempted to leave it and not get more involved than you already are. What does your Dh say?

maz210 Mon 15-Dec-14 11:19:39

It's a bit difficult to reply without knowing why your mil feels you are partly to blame.

But generally I think a phone call to sort out any problems directly is usually the best way to go.

LittleDonkeyLeftie Mon 15-Dec-14 11:20:17

Where do the short answers come into it?

If MIL is being rude to you then pull her up on it.

I definitely would not get dragged further into the SIL issues though. If she raises it just say " I am not getting involved, can we talk about something else please."

StrangeGlue Mon 15-Dec-14 11:21:25

As in your mil is scapegoating you? I'd leave it to your dh to speak to your mil tbh. Otherwise I'd take a step back and let them sort it out between themselves.

Anydrinkwilldo Mon 15-Dec-14 11:35:30

She won't talk about the sils issue, not even to sil1. It's a very long story to get into and will totally out me so can't really get into it

Anydrinkwilldo Mon 15-Dec-14 11:36:37

Sorry short answer - every time I try to talk to her ask a question etc I get yes or no nothing more than that

LittleDonkeyLeftie Mon 15-Dec-14 11:50:20

OK - stop asking her questions - she is obviously enjoying treating you like shite and just gagging for you to ask her why.

If you need to as her anything Christmas related (What would FIL like etc) then get DH to ask her.

Back out of it and let them stew and sort it. My Ex SILS used to fall out in a quite nuclear fashion at least once a year and I soon learnt to steer well clear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now