Talk

Advanced search

To blame builder for my broken dryer?

(6 Posts)
Ifyourawizardwhydouwearglasses Mon 15-Dec-14 08:59:14

We're having some work done on the kitchen/utility at the moment.

The builder came unexpectedly the other day. He had to move the dryer to a different room. I wasn't there.

The dryer hasn't worked since angry

It was fairly new and a good make. It just makes a funny noise and pisses water out when you turn it on.

AIBU to blame the builder? And how can I approach it? They're due back again today.

I know it could just be coincidence, but it's unlikely.

And I've got 2 baskets of wet washing!!!!

APlaceInTheWinter Mon 15-Dec-14 09:22:47

When you say he 'moved' it, do you mean he disconnected it, moved it and then reconnected it in a different room? If so, then when they arrive today just say the dryer hasn't worked since it was moved and you need them to check how they connected it as it was working perfectly until they touched it.

If you mean the builder just physically lifted it into another room and someone else reconnected it then I'd be asking whoever reconnected it to look at it again and wouldn't be blaming the builder.

DoesntLeftoverTurkeySoupDragOn Mon 15-Dec-14 09:25:36

Is it a condenser one? Is it something as simple as the condenser unit or water chamber not being in properly?

Ifyourawizardwhydouwearglasses Mon 15-Dec-14 09:29:02

It's a condenser so doesn't need to be connected, just plugged in.
He's moved it to a different room, quite a distance.

I could do without this 2 weeks pre Christmas! Arrgghh!

APlaceInTheWinter Mon 15-Dec-14 09:44:42

Ask them to look at it but also check the filters, drawer, etc. The movement might have jolted a filter out of position or dislodged the catch on the water chamber.

If it is leaking water, I suspect that a pipe carrying water to the condenser tank has come adrift or split, and that could well happen whilst it was being moved. Can you get someone to come and look at it for you, assess the damage, work out what might have caused it, and provide a quote for repair - and if it is damage caused when the machine was moved, you can give the quote to the builder, and ask him to reimburse you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now