Talk

Advanced search

Father and child parking disagreement

(10 Posts)
Overthehillmum Sun 14-Dec-14 20:41:35

So, question, was I being unreasonable not to get involved ?

My daughter and myself were reversing out a parent and child space, I was in the top corner of the p&c parking, the prime spot! The car park was busy, but there were lots of spaces further up, but it was raining and quite cold. A white van drove up behind me, but flashed to let me pull out, as I was pulling out a car drove down towards me, and indicated he was going into the space I was coming out of, he couldn't see the van was waiting to drive into it.

I drove past, (and will admit to stopping further up to see what was happening) the White van drove into the space, the man in the car went mad, he was on his horn, flashing his lights, then got out his car,white van man got out the van, I'm guessing they were shouting by the waving of car mans arms, white van Man walked away shaking his head, got his child out of the van and walked away, car man stood there, it appeared he was shouting at the White van mans back, then he got in his car and drove till his car was half on the pavement and across the back of the van, blocking him in. At this point I said to my daughter that I should go tell him that White van man had been there first, she said not to get involved as her son, was in the car and the car man was clearly deranged ! So, as I drove away,car man took an exceptionally small baby out his car and went into the store.

Would you have said anything ?

Disclaimer .. This happened in the space of 3-4 minutes, I was being nosy stopping, but he had went on the horn and I could see out my rear window something was happening. Yes, I do have a life, and this is just a casual question as its my first experience of parent and child parking entitlement !!!

TheHatInTheCat Sun 14-Dec-14 20:43:27

It didn't really have anything to do with you so not sure why you should get involved.

BadtzMaru Sun 14-Dec-14 20:46:30

Of course I wouldn't have said anything, you'd finished your shopping and were leaving, why should you care about some nobhead's car park rage.

Overthehillmum Sun 14-Dec-14 20:47:13

As I knew the White van had been waiting first, the car man obviously thought he was entitled to the space ! He was driving down towards me as I was pulling out, white van had already stopped to let me out, he had the wrong end of the stick, I suppose a total stranger saying he was wrong wouldn't have helped !

Total over reaction though.

skylark2 Sun 14-Dec-14 20:47:40

There isn't a "prime spot" for parent and child parking. The bonus is being able to open the door wide, not whether you can avoid walking 10 extra yards.

You sat and watched a car park spat for 3-4 minutes? Really?

RufusTheReindeer Sun 14-Dec-14 20:50:16

overthehill

I've watched people get in a right tangle when parking at the school gates, so I have been guilty of watching how they would get out of that mess!!

I wouldn't say anything to car man though, it probably wouldn't help!

Fallingovercliffs Sun 14-Dec-14 20:51:16

Oh dear P&T spaces! Any chance they could just be moved to the main body of the car park. Parents with babies get their extra wide spaces, the spaces near the door are reserved for blue badge holders with the remainder left generally free for all shoppers; and all this preciousness just STOPS!

WorraLiberty Sun 14-Dec-14 20:51:50

An 'exceptionally small baby'?? fgrin

I have a mental image of a baby hanging from a keyring.

Overthehillmum Sun 14-Dec-14 20:52:55

Bingo sky lark! Yes I did, and i described it as the prime spot as it is the closest to the store, there were lots of spaces further up, so it wasn't as if there were no p&c spaces free.

And I only used the available space for the very reason of being able to open the door wide, but thank you so much for clarifying that for me. grin

Overthehillmum Sun 14-Dec-14 20:57:31

Worra, the baby wasn't that small, quite an image!! I would say very newborn though, probably new parent hormones flowing !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now