Talk

Advanced search

Annoyed at DH

(20 Posts)
raltheraffe Sun 14-Dec-14 19:35:17

Today my plans were to work, spend some time with ds and study for a big exam on Wednesday.

When I went out to work I asked DH to clean the house. He did one room so I have had to clean the rest. When I asked him about this he said I did not specify the entire house so he thought my request to clean the house meant to clean one room.

DH has now gone out with his friends even though I asked him not to as I am worried I will fail this exam.

Has not taken his mobile so I cannot ask him to get some groceries and cannot leave the house without ds as he is too young to be left alone and is in his pyjamas.

I am probably being totally unreasonable but this is the third time this week DH has been out with friends and all I wanted to do was a bit of revision.

Topseyt Sun 14-Dec-14 19:46:00

Prioritise the exam over the cleaning.

Can you revise once your son is in bed?

Of course he should have realised that clean the house means clean more than just one room. That is ridiculous. Tell him to do the rest of it (all of it) tomorrow evening or whenever he is home from work, while you revise.

WorraLiberty Sun 14-Dec-14 19:47:10

I don't think I or my DH would expect the other one to clean the entire house, so perhaps it was a case of miscommunication?

How old is your DS?

raltheraffe Sun 14-Dec-14 19:47:26

He does not work. However ds will be in nursery all day tomorrow so I will get a chance to revise then.

raltheraffe Sun 14-Dec-14 19:47:49

raltheraffe Sun 14-Dec-14 19:48:38

Worra I asked him to clean the whole house as I have done it all week, despite trying to work and study.

WorraLiberty Sun 14-Dec-14 19:50:34

Ahh ok, we normally do it one or two rooms at a time.

If he doesn't work, surely he can clean the house on a weekday rather than a Sunday?

WorraLiberty Sun 14-Dec-14 19:51:21

But I have to ask, why have you been cleaning the whole house all week, when he doesn't work?

raltheraffe Sun 14-Dec-14 19:53:20

He is disabled, we both are but he is the more disabled, but is capable of cleaning.

raltheraffe Sun 14-Dec-14 19:54:34

I think what has pissed me off the most is he has not taken his mobile phone with him as I need a few groceries but cannot leave ds alone in the house as he is far too young.

ILovePud Sun 14-Dec-14 19:58:11

YANBU, I'd be really pissed off at that too, I wouldn't do anymore cleaning until after the exam, can you just use this evening to have a bit of a rest and then revise in the morning? Good luck for Wednesday.

WorraLiberty Sun 14-Dec-14 19:58:56

That would piss me off too.

Is there anyone who can sit with your DS or nip to the shop for you?

QTPie Sun 14-Dec-14 20:01:40

How often do you clean the whole house? (You have said that you have done it all week, so it is his turn today)

Maybe he forgot his mobile?

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Sun 14-Dec-14 20:04:49

Yanbu - you shouldn't have to specify that you meant the whole house not one room.
Men pull this shit all the time - acting useless at housework (and other responsibilities) so they get of the hook.

WorraLiberty Sun 14-Dec-14 20:07:39

No When some men pull this shit.

raltheraffe Sun 14-Dec-14 20:08:51

I clean the house every day, however that is more to do with the fact I am a fastidious cleaner who hates mess and husband really is not bothered by mess at all. He is a genuinely lovely person and does not have a bad bone in his body....but does have a few lazy ones.

skylark2 Sun 14-Dec-14 20:15:19

How much cleaning can your house possibly need if you have been cleaning it all week?

Your DH is unreasonable to go out when you need to revise - why didn't you ask him to look after DS instead of doing make-work? But, to be honest, if you are prioritising cleaning the house yet again over revision, it's hardly surprising he doesn't see the revision as particularly important.

I would have taken a 3 year old DS to the shop in pyjamas and a coat if I needed groceries.

raltheraffe Sun 14-Dec-14 20:18:12

The house needs an immense amount of cleaning. It is only a small house, but ds makes tons of mess (especially with Play Doh) and we have 3 dogs, one of which has been throwing up all week due to a brain tumour.

skylark2 Sun 14-Dec-14 20:21:43

You mean your DH didn't clean up dog vomit while you were at work, instead assuming you meant he should clean a different room?

How bizarre.

raltheraffe Sun 14-Dec-14 21:59:45

He just got home and still does not think he has done anything wrong. I give up. At least I can study tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now