Talk

Advanced search

....to have chocolate brownie, whipped cream and chocolate sauce for breakfast

(27 Posts)
MrsMonkeyBear Sun 14-Dec-14 09:10:40

My first AIBU....

Have been up all night with Dd (6 weeks), DH has fucked off to the football and will be out for a good 12 hours.

Would it be unreasonable of me to eat all of the massive chocolate brownie for breakfast. It's homemade and it's even got fruit in it (Terry's chocolate orange counts, right??)

PedlarsSpanner Sun 14-Dec-14 09:12:14

You must, it's ever so good for you

elderflowergin Sun 14-Dec-14 09:12:49

It sounds amazing, it's got fruit in it wink, and you are alone with a six week old baby, YANBU

cogitosum Sun 14-Dec-14 09:13:23

Up until your dc is around 3 months I think there is a law decreeing you need to eat whatever you want whenever you want.

Izzy24 Sun 14-Dec-14 09:13:39

My first ever answer to one if these threads:

YANBU!

icklekid Sun 14-Dec-14 09:14:12

Nope sounds amazing- been up all night with 5 month ds, was driving him back to sleep at 5am and then finally fed. Gutted that trying to diet and so no chocolate in the house!

MsVestibule Sun 14-Dec-14 09:14:25

Sounds lovely fenvy. I'm currently eating my very sensible porridge with banana, but would definitely choose chocolate brownie over this.

When I was single, I often used to over order on my Friday night Indian takeaway so I could have it for breakfast, too.

HollyJollyXmas Sun 14-Dec-14 09:15:16

I just ate some of the Christmas biscuits I baked with the kids yesterday with an enormous bucket of builder's tea.

I think you would BVVVVVU not to have the brownie.

Also agree that there is a LAW that says new mums can eat cake, biscuits or dessert at any time of day or night grin

Andrewofgg Sun 14-Dec-14 09:15:24

What you need is the machine we have in the lobby f my office that we pass all food through. It's called a decaloriser - makes all food calorie-free and it is undetectable!

Purplepoodle Sun 14-Dec-14 09:20:41

Do it! Iv just had a big bowl of choc porridge

siblingrevelryagain Sun 14-Dec-14 09:21:01

This is why christmas is so very bad for me-having a tree in the lounge is a license for me to stay in pj's all day and eat a packet of Jaffa cakes for breakfast!

Go for it with the blessing of mumsnet!

MrsMonkeyBear Sun 14-Dec-14 09:23:02

Thanks everyone

I knew I wasn't being unreasonable. Just means I will have to make another dessert for dinner at the in laws tomorrow. quickly amends Asda order to include a cheesecake

Allalonenow Sun 14-Dec-14 09:25:20

Chocolate must be one of your five a day!
Enjoy it !
fgrin

Buttercup27 Sun 14-Dec-14 09:25:32

I think you're BVU for posting this as I'm now very jealous as all I have in the house is fruit ! But as it's there you must definitely eat it ad food eaten before 10 am has no calories !

notthatshesaid Sun 14-Dec-14 09:27:24

Chocolate is full of magnesium. Absolutely vital for your health.

Andrewofgg Sun 14-Dec-14 09:30:06

Buttercup That's useful. We need not bother with the machine if we just set the clocks to 9.59 a.m., then!

ILovePud Sun 14-Dec-14 09:35:14

Oooh I'd never heard of the before 10am rule, I'll add that to my list of things which render food calorie free, along with it being bought at a charity bake sale, being stolen off someone else's plate and being eaten whilst standing up with the fridge door open. Though I have to say I like Andrewofgg's machine the best, where can I get one of those?

Andrewofgg Sun 14-Dec-14 09:37:15

We have the only one, ILovePud, you can start a conspiracy thread about that . . .

MrsMonkeyBear Sun 14-Dec-14 09:38:58

So that's about 4000 calories consumed....feel very sick now!!!

Relieved that the calories don't count though!!!

louisejxxx Sun 14-Dec-14 09:39:54

Hey my "newborn" is 2 in January and I regularly choose something similar to start the day with. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to face going out of the house in the morning! Speaking of...I'm sure I've got a choc orange stashed somewhere... bye guys!

ILovePud Sun 14-Dec-14 09:40:41

envy Can I come and work with you then? I'll bring cakes for breakfast every day and do a chippy run at lunchtime. grin

Fevertree Sun 14-Dec-14 09:41:02

Broken biscuits don't count either... All rights have calories fall out

ILovePud Sun 14-Dec-14 09:42:41

I like that logic Fervertree off to snap all my Cadbury fingers....

Tryingtobecalm Sun 14-Dec-14 09:44:14

I regularly eat that for breakfast in a Sunday at work if the chef has only cooked a certain amount if bacon and the customers have rudely eaten it all! If there is some bacon left I usually eat it ina croissant. I figure it is my small weekly treat reward for having to work at stupid o'clock on a Sunday!

MrsMonkeyBear Sun 14-Dec-14 09:44:39

Found this!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now