Talk

Advanced search

I just dropped a cheese cake (light hearted)

(77 Posts)
twoopsie Sat 13-Dec-14 22:14:01

So annoyed I have to clean it and don't get to eat it.

What's the worst thing you've dropped?

PedlarsSpanner Sat 13-Dec-14 22:16:40

Fart in Buckingham Palace

<points with eyes at Queenie>

needtomanup Sun 14-Dec-14 00:15:26

Bottle of wine, Just after shopping and a really tough week! fell through a hole in the bag and bounced off the ground. Couldn't save a drop!

EatShitDerek Sun 14-Dec-14 00:33:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LoisHatesChristmas Sun 14-Dec-14 01:00:51

Alcohol too. My precious...grin

PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Sun 14-Dec-14 04:32:33

£40 bottle of single malt Jack daniels

ithoughtofitfirst Sun 14-Dec-14 06:25:17

Olive oil.

Top THAT people.

DesperatelySeekingSanity Sun 14-Dec-14 06:38:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BabsUnited Sun 14-Dec-14 06:45:08

How can dropping a cheesecake be anything other than "light hearted" confused

MinceSpy Sun 14-Dec-14 06:54:19

I dropped a jam roly poly on the kitchen floor last week yuk!

18yearstooold Sun 14-Dec-14 06:57:13

I dropped a 2ltr bottle of sprite

It had no lid in it

You know that trick where you drop a mint I to a bottle of coke and it shoots out everywhere?

Dropping a bottle of sprite has the same effect

ThreeFrazzledFandangos Sun 14-Dec-14 07:03:20

Olive oil approximately 20 minutes after reading a thread on here about how to clean up a toddler-related oil slick. Didn't help me as i didn't have any cat litter.

A full bottle of malt vinegar the day before a viewer came to the house. Not only did it cover the floor it smashed off a shelf in a cupboard on the way down and stank for a week.

ThreeFrazzledFandangos Sun 14-Dec-14 07:06:23

Oh and there was the memorable time I dropped a can of lager in the off licence I used to work on.

It hit the floor on the bottom edge, split and spun around spraying lager all over the shelves, bottles and me. Took hours to clean and I smelled like a brewery.

DoesntLeftoverTurkeySoupDragOn Sun 14-Dec-14 07:11:38

<<wonders why on earth the "light hearted" in the title was necessary>>

listed Sun 14-Dec-14 07:19:18

Could you please ask MN to put "triggering" in your title.

I once had a nasty incident with a cheesecake hmm

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sun 14-Dec-14 08:26:26

Is the 'light hearted' and food related title a piss take of other threads where the OP's are fucked off of said items, what else could it be?

What is the AIBU here? < taps chin and ponders>

JennyOnTheBlocks Sun 14-Dec-14 08:28:51

glass bottle of ketchup, how can you mop up sticky ketchup when it's full of shards of glass?

Tzibeleh Sun 14-Dec-14 08:33:08

Welcome to the club wink

BikeRunSki Sun 14-Dec-14 08:35:32

A glass bottle of milk. Scrubbing the floor put me into labour with dd. smile

lemontwist Sun 14-Dec-14 08:42:44

A bottle of wine...then another. DH and I had promised ourselves a lovely bottle of wine and a film after a pretty crappy week. We'd been out and called by the shop on the way home. Bag was hung on pushchair handle and when DS2 climbed out pushchair fell back and broke the wine. DH nipped out to buy another bottle but put the bag down heavily on the stone kitchen floor and broke that one sad. Sometimes it's just not meant to be. He may have however gone out later for another but avoided the original shop in fear of looking like he had a little problem

plantsitter Sun 14-Dec-14 08:44:48

I was going to say how COULD dropping a cheesecake be lighthearted?? The purest tragedy I reckon. The waste!

Waswondering Sun 14-Dec-14 08:46:57

A bottle of olive oil. On a highly polished marble floor. At Barcelona airport. Stressful wasn't the word ... I didn't have the vocab to get help! smile

Timeforabiscuit Sun 14-Dec-14 08:47:16

FFS PEOPLE

complaining about dropped cheesecake when people are DYING and USING FOODBANKS, is this the kind of petty crap your wasting your time on when you should all be SAVING LIVES!!!!

that's why you need light hearted in the title grin

SoftSheen Sun 14-Dec-14 08:48:48

Jar of coffee granules onto a wet floor. Each coffee granule welded itself to the floor and was a nightmare to remove. Especially when combined with fragments of broken glass.

Timeforabiscuit Sun 14-Dec-14 08:48:49

* I honestly know the difference between you're and your..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now