Talk

Advanced search

to want a refund?

(13 Posts)
attheendofmyteatheragain Sat 13-Dec-14 21:41:20

got shellac nails done on Monday, as the one and only time I got them done they lasted for a solid three weeks, and quite fancied having nice nails for Christmas day etc without ha I g to think about them getting chipped etc

however...by Friday they were mostly all chipped and now five of them have half come off and look an absolute mess!

I had a voucher for my birthday, so it was the same place I got them done as the first, but I expected to last then a bit longer that four days confused

however...I HATE confronting about things like this (I know it's ridiculous)

and I'm guessing they wouldn't say no to it being done again or refunding my gift voucher as they are advertised as lasting for at least two weeks. I'm no being unreasonable am I...?

RobotRuthy Sat 13-Dec-14 21:46:30

Of course your not. Go and get them done again for free.

cogitosum Sat 13-Dec-14 21:49:22

Wow! Mine never last longer than a few days. Just figure it's better than a normal manicure that lasts a few minutes?

attheendofmyteatheragain Sat 13-Dec-14 21:55:00

really cogito? I don't feel comfortable going in and asking for it to be done again for free bit that's just because I'm like that. I know I should, and will prob a my force myself to because I thought the whole point of it was to last at least a fortnight. they're not chethey lasted a full three weeks last time-as they should but even then it was only a tiny chip on one of the nails...

does anyone get them done regularly and they don't last more than a few days?

attheendofmyteatheragain Sat 13-Dec-14 21:56:07

they're not cheap* is how it was supposed to read

ClumsyCrocheter Sat 13-Dec-14 21:56:38

Mine last about thee weeks, so I would def fo back!

cogitosum Sat 13-Dec-14 21:57:06

Although fair play if they say 2 weeks

Apophenia Sat 13-Dec-14 22:00:19

They usually say two weeks but I easily get three - it's nail growth not chipping that makes me get them re-done.

Have you gone for a dark colour this time? I find they need longer under the lamp to set. The two times I've been back and had them re-done due to immediate chipping it was because of that.

wowfudge Sat 13-Dec-14 22:00:34

I would just ring them or call in (better as they can see them) and say you are really disappointed they have not lasted at all. And tell them how well they lasted last time. I am guessing you will not need to ask them to put them right - they will offer then and there. I wonder if they have changed the products they use?

furcoatbigknickers Sat 13-Dec-14 22:01:35

If they are advertised as lasting two weeks go back!

attheendofmyteatheragain Sat 13-Dec-14 22:09:12

aahhhh, good to know. yes it was a dark plum colour this time, thanks!

Suzietastic Sat 13-Dec-14 23:19:56

Mine always last a minimum of 2 weeks.

notagainffffffffs Sat 13-Dec-14 23:27:15

Im a nail technician smile it could be a few things- not lonf enough in the lamp, not using a bonder, pregnancy, medication, submerging your hands in water, especially very hot water, nit sealed around cuticle,picking..
Unlikely you will get refund but take a snap and sebd to the salon Facebook, I would imagine they will redo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now