Talk

Advanced search

Present buying

(7 Posts)
wintersdawn Sat 13-Dec-14 19:16:08

I love Christmas, I love the planning, cooking, present buying the whole works (once December arrives). I love putting thought into my presents and getting things that I know people will love, I'm so excited about seeing my kids open their presents this year as I know between us and grandparents they will love all of them.

So this year I gave my DH a statement rather than an ultimatum, I simply stated she. He finally realised Christmas is round the corner that I was not prepared to sign for my own presents via mail order this year as for the last two years it has had not only the company on the outside of the packet but also what the actual item inside is as well and this year I want a surprise, something that shows thought and consideration.

Am I being unreasonable? I'm i asking the world from him? Because you'd think so with all the comments that have been happening since!

Heyho111 Sat 13-Dec-14 20:32:07

No you are not. He just doesn't want to go shopping.
Online packaging drives me mad. Bought an expensive drop dead sweater for son as a surprise. It could only be bought online. It came in a bag covered in the logo. He signed for it. Great !
Just keep saying all I want for Christmas is a small surprise. Even if he orders online tell him to send them to work or his parents etc just not home.

ThreeQuartersEmpty Sat 13-Dec-14 20:36:29

All he has to do is get them delivered elsewhere, surely? His work, or his parents?

It is annoying when the parcel is delivered and the box identifies the contents. And he's late if he's not got organised for delivery anyway, by all accounts there's no more Xmas deliveries guaranteed, I think I heard that on the news earlier.

fredfredgeorgejnr Sat 13-Dec-14 20:40:10

Yes, YABU, because you've put him in an utterly impossible position, it is not possible to knowingly meet your request. He could put as much thought or consideration into the gift as he can, or indeed more. But if you don't like the gift, it will be indistinguishable from him doing nothing, just like if he does almost nothing, but you love it then you'll think he did.

Effort does not make a good gift, you've put him in an winnable position.

Why not just tell him to get deliveries to somewhere else?

wintersdawn Sat 13-Dec-14 21:17:21

I'd never thought of getting the packages delivered elsewhere, it's not something I've ever had to do.

ThreeQuartersEmpty Sat 13-Dec-14 21:23:03

problem solved then!
on the plus side, he's not very good at thinking of how to keep secrets!
grin

wintersdawn Sat 13-Dec-14 21:43:47

True!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now