Talk

Advanced search

To keep 'forgetting' to buy batteries.

(16 Posts)
PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Sat 13-Dec-14 18:41:36

Ds has a very annoying voice changer. It really gets on my nerves but he likes it.

Total delight today it's run out of batteries that I don't have ( small round ones)

Would I be very unreasonable to keep forgetting to buy the batteries

DaisyFlowerChain Sat 13-Dec-14 18:46:23

Yes, he likes it and what's the point of having a toy if it doesn't work properly without batteries. They are young for such a short period of time so let him have fun, you'll miss the noise in later life.

ScrambledEggAndToast Sat 13-Dec-14 19:03:05

Definitely nothing wrong with "forgetting". I may have done this myself on more than one occasion. It's similar to the time when DS was 3 and his drum set got lost at the tip grin

Bulbasaur Sat 13-Dec-14 19:34:47

You'll miss the noise in later life.

My parents never did. They still moan about the obnoxious toys family got us to wind them up. grin

I just turn DD's obnoxious toys off or hide them and distract her with other toys until she forgets about them.

PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Sat 13-Dec-14 19:46:45

I don't normally mind noisy toys, but this one he shouts loudly and you can not really hear the voice changing over him shouting.

Bulbasaur Sat 13-Dec-14 19:48:32

The batteries didn't die. It's broken. Tragic really. wink

pinkyredrose Sat 13-Dec-14 19:49:14

YA sooooo NBU!!!!

AlpacaLypse Sat 13-Dec-14 19:51:11

Mine are teenagers now. And I assure you I still don't miss the noise of any of the horrible Cyberman/Darth Vader etc voice changer masks, or any of the other electronic horrors. And don't even MENTION Furbies!

OP YANBU at all smile

PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Sun 14-Dec-14 15:24:36

Well MIL bought him some batteries today, now where is the paracetamol.

pinkyredrose Sun 14-Dec-14 15:35:22

Nooooo! Can you swap them for the old batteries, then pretend they must been duff or something?

BadtzMaru Sun 14-Dec-14 15:39:11

YANBU, I was never happier than when the batteries ran out on DD's ride on car that sang if you so much as breathed near it and had no off switch.

abigamarone Sun 14-Dec-14 15:39:34

I think my son was relieved when the batteries died in HIS voice changer cos it meant I could no longer annoy him with my dalek impressions. He never asked me to replace them.

ThrowAChickenInTheAir Sun 14-Dec-14 15:58:27

Then there are toys which although the batteries should have 'died' months ago still eerily keep going as if possessed.

I'm remembering the heart stopping Furby that dd had. It used to come to life late at night all by itself and scare the bejesus out of me...

joanne1947 Sun 14-Dec-14 16:24:20

YANBU such toys can be so annoying.

maninawomansworld Thu 18-Dec-14 14:58:05

I loathe toys like that. MIL keeps buying them to wind me up but they all mysteriously 'vanish' or 'run out of batteries' as soon as the DC's backs are turned.
Noisy toys (on the rare occasion they have batteries in) are confined to the playroom in this house.

BiscuitsAreMyDownfall Thu 18-Dec-14 15:01:49

Ive told DD2 that they dont make batteries for toys grin <-- thats an evil grin BTW

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now